Talk

Advanced search

Just popping into say cheerio to anyone who recognises my user name

(117 Posts)
KurriKurri Wed 19-Feb-20 22:04:13

Have been here a good few years, met some amazing people, made some great friendships, and had some very supportive advice, but now I think it is time to leave - I don't think I fit here any more, maybe a reflection of the divisions in our society or of my rapidly increasing age !

Love and peace to all x

50shadesoflunacy Wed 19-Feb-20 22:06:29

Oh no Kurri! I don't think we have chatted directly but I have seen your name on many threads and you have such wisdom. Relationships won't be the same without your two penneth 😔

Hassled Wed 19-Feb-20 22:11:47

Oh Kurri - I'm sorry you're going. I post less and less - like you, I think I'm just too bloody old at this stage - so I do understand. I still like to know that MN is here when I need it, though, and once in a while I have a "I think I'll go on MN" moment - I'm glad it was tonight, so I saw this.

We met once - about a hundred years ago at a meet-up thing in a cafe somewhere - and it was a delight. Hope you're OK x.

namechange8765455 Wed 19-Feb-20 22:13:24

I've been here since 2009 and I know your name. It's a shame to see you go, but love and peace to you wherever you are flowers

FlibbertyGiblets Wed 19-Feb-20 22:17:27

Awwh KurriKurri another olde tymer here feeling a bit not in the right lane. Iyswim.

Logout, yes, don't delete your account though, okay?

<applies chinese burn for old time's sake>

Gilead Wed 19-Feb-20 22:17:36

I’ve been here a good ten years. You’ll be missed.

BIWI Wed 19-Feb-20 22:19:17

Oh sad Too many 'old timers' are leaving. I'm pretty sure I'm older than you though, and find I can't escape!

ssd Wed 19-Feb-20 22:23:11

That's sad kurri but I completely understand why you're going. I think my time is coming up too.

TheThingWithFeathers Wed 19-Feb-20 22:23:31

Aw, cheerio Kurri! I know you, I've been here years (but name change lots) and I remember one particularly funny (well, to me!) thread about the cleverest MNer. Your dog ranked pretty highly IIRC. grin
All the best to you. flowers

ssd Wed 19-Feb-20 22:25:16

I've been here 16 years. Too long really. It feels very ugh now. Too many posters not seeming genuine desperate to do anyone down.

DramaAlpaca Wed 19-Feb-20 22:28:17

I've seen you around a lot over the years, OP.

I understand totally where you're coming from. All the best flowers

VenusRising Wed 19-Feb-20 22:29:01

I’m off too.
Loved sharing the wisdom with you kurri, also ssd, and BIWI.

We’ll have to start a Mouldies reddit.

DDIJ Wed 19-Feb-20 22:31:17

I'm sorry to see you go after so long x

FlibbertyGiblets Wed 19-Feb-20 22:32:43

Omg Venus hahahahahaha NO. Only because it isn't Christmas grin (2008 was it, the year of ten thousand burnt turkeys?!)

RustyBear Wed 19-Feb-20 22:36:11

Will be sorry to see you go, Kurri. I'm still hanging in here, though I'm also visiting Gransnet a bit more often, even though I'm not yet a Gran (though I will be acquiring a son-in-law later this year, so you never know...)

VivaLeBeaver Wed 19-Feb-20 22:38:28

Sorry to see you going Kurri. Another one here, who’s posting less. Dd is an adult now, this place is very busy, I don’t feel the same connections, etc.

weebarra Wed 19-Feb-20 22:38:31

Sorry to see you go Kurrii. I've always looked for you because you had your cancer just before mine. Well, we're both still alive.
Go well.

Sparklingbrook Wed 19-Feb-20 22:38:40

Sorry to hear that @KurriKurri but I see where you are coming from. Take care flowers

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Wed 19-Feb-20 22:38:45

I recognise you too. Where are you off to? can I come I hate it here at times but have been logging in every day for 13 years regardless. grin

SoMuchToBits Wed 19-Feb-20 22:40:17

I recognise your name Kurri and sorry that you're going. Have to say I don't post much these days apart from Playmobil threads.

TheOnlyAletheia Wed 19-Feb-20 22:42:03

Oh no Kurri - that’s sad. You are so sensible and wise. And you were lovely IRL when we met up years ago in Norwich - I think @Hassled was there too and equally lovely.
Take care xxxx

Kbear Wed 19-Feb-20 22:43:05

laters Kurri !

San141 Wed 19-Feb-20 22:48:12

Before you go, I'm a lurker.. because I don't know how to post!! Please help me!!

RandomMess Wed 19-Feb-20 22:48:36

Awwww I've name changed over the last 17 years....

It is different here now, I am in a different place, I guess gransnet beckons 😳

Elderflower14 Wed 19-Feb-20 22:48:40

Thanks for the support for Wilf and I xxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »