Talk

Advanced search

DH encountered scary clown on the jubilee line on way to work this norning

(103 Posts)
Rollergirl11 Fri 14-Feb-20 23:05:31

Just wondered if anyone else has seen him? He said he was wearing a joker-esque suit but with a proper Pennywise mask. And an umbrella. He was walking along going “hah hah!” in peoples faces and then when he got off the tube he shouted “bye bye” at everyone.

GorgeousLadyofWrestling Sat 15-Feb-20 06:34:36

I dunno, that just sounds like London grin Someone dressed as a scary clown doesn’t actually make them dangerous or anything. I’d be more irritated at their attention seeking. 🤷🏻‍♀️😆

Having said that, there was that spate of people dressing like clowns and chasing people in parks a few years ago - which did sound creepy!

BillywilliamV Sat 15-Feb-20 06:36:43

I would be more concerned if your DH was the ONLY person that saw him ...

Worriedteacher1 Sat 15-Feb-20 07:49:30

He was in Trafalgar Square around 7pm laughing maniacally. I guess one of those street performers but I wasn’t keen!

lolaflores Sat 15-Feb-20 07:51:16

Stanmore side of the Jubilee or the east side of it? Mid term break brings em all out. Hopefully Batmanbwill be along in a bit to sort him out

Yogawoogie Sat 15-Feb-20 07:53:40

I would have loved to have seen him.

soleilviolet Sat 15-Feb-20 08:02:42

It's not a london thing on the tube. A london thing on the tube is beggars walking through every carriage collecting money.

WiseUpJanetWeiss Sat 15-Feb-20 08:07:48

What an inconsiderate selfish tosser he must be. He must know some people would have been terrified, not only of clowns, but masked people on a tube, and of being directly approached in that way.

Fair enough on the street where he can be avoided, but not on the tube.

Were people laughing or were they intimidated and/or upset?

Littlebelina Sat 15-Feb-20 08:13:04

I've seen him in Trafalgar Square as well (unless there is more than one confused). So guess he is a street performer. He had the pennywise voice dead on as well

GorgeousLadyofWrestling Sat 15-Feb-20 08:13:27

I’ve lived in London for twenty years...seen plenty of odd things on the tube in that time so yeah...someone trying to be scary/creepy/odd is par for the course in my experience.

YesIDoLoveCrisps Sat 15-Feb-20 08:15:31

Surely when people see this they have a fight or flight response? Soon enough someone will punch them in their face not me I would pee myself

superram Sat 15-Feb-20 08:17:10

I’ve lived in London 20 years and seen beggars in the tube less than 10 times.

ChardonnaysDistantCousin Sat 15-Feb-20 08:19:55

Are the tissue beggars a London thing or are they to be seen on trains outside London as well?

NeverGuessWho Sat 15-Feb-20 08:21:23

What’s s a pennywise voice?

KatherineJaneway Sat 15-Feb-20 08:22:21

I’ve lived in London 20 years and seen beggars in the tube less than 10 times.

I've lived in London over 20 years and see lots of them. Especially prevalent on the Victoria line.

Wolfff Sat 15-Feb-20 08:25:41

Yeah, I see beggars on the tube at least twice a week (Hammersmith and City). I don’t see the tissue one so often now, but I see an awful band - there are at least two different ones - regularly. Thank fuck for noise cancelling headphones.

Wolfff Sat 15-Feb-20 08:27:30

Oh I have also seen individuals (male and female) give a sob story speech and ask for donations recently. Look very dirty and dishevelled, maybe addicts.

daisypond Sat 15-Feb-20 08:36:14

I see beggars on the tube frequently - every week or so? I travel every day. I use most often the Victoria and Central lines.

WhentheRabbitsWentWild Sat 15-Feb-20 08:37:38

Tissue beggers ?

Wolfff Sat 15-Feb-20 08:38:45

They leaves packs of tissues on the seats and then come round asking for money for them.

WhenOneDoorClosesAnotherOpens Sat 15-Feb-20 08:39:31

I use the Hammersmith and City line and I regularly see the beggars each week. Have seen them on the Waterloo and Northern line as well but not as often.

ClaudiaWankleman Sat 15-Feb-20 08:42:08

@Wolfff
I don’t see the tissue one so often now, but I see an awful band - there are at least two different ones - regularly. Thank fuck for noise cancelling headphones

I think I know the exact ones you are talking about. The family with teen and ten year old who play the accordion and trumpet? And two old men with the same set up?
I haven’t seen the tissue man for about 6 months though. I only ever used to see him at weekends between West Ham and Kings X.

WhenOneDoorClosesAnotherOpens Sat 15-Feb-20 08:42:31

*Waterloo train to Richmond I meant

GlitchStitch Sat 15-Feb-20 08:46:09

Surely when people see this they have a fight or flight response? Soon enough someone will punch them in their face

Yep. My DP cannot cope with clowns at all, if one got in his face he would punch out automatically. Sounds like that's what he deserves anyway.

Wolfff Sat 15-Feb-20 08:46:19

@claudia

The ones I am thinking of are quite a large group of adult males. One of those bands is smaller but has a portable speaker as well. I think I have seen the kid with a trumpet though as it seems familiar! There are probably dozens of them. Not many people seem to give them money though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »