Talk

Advanced search

Why is there a sixth former in charge at the Treasury?

(10 Posts)
MoltoAgitato Fri 14-Feb-20 19:54:05

Or is it another sign of Dominic Cumming’s insecurity and inability to have anyone with independent brain cells within several miles of Number 10? Or perhaps there are no experienced Tories left?

Somewhat concerned that we are never going to get a Budget that’s had more than 10 minutes’ thought...

flatpack1 Fri 14-Feb-20 20:09:56

Don't have anything to comment but best thread title I've seen in ages grin

Kez200 Fri 14-Feb-20 20:15:00

He was clearly being lined up as a yes man during the election campaign. This job description will have been "Carry red briefcase. Stand up. Read script."

Ive no idea if what No 10 wants in a budget versus Javid will be better or worse, but the fact a non elected person appears in control is very worrying.

Lailaha Fri 14-Feb-20 21:39:23

Because we all woke up one morning and realised that we were old? (everyone knows about policemen and doctors looking young, but this is the first time I've heard it used about a politician grin)

thebabessavedme Fri 14-Feb-20 23:02:14

he has an amazing ability to look smug and terrified in equal measure

Cwenthryth Fri 14-Feb-20 23:08:16

he has an amazing ability to look smug and terrified in equal measure
Haha, you’re not wrong grin

Just watching Newsnight, and the footage of cabinet meeting today doing pantomime call & response was risible, Boris: “how many hospitals are we going to build?” Chorus mumble: “er, 40?” - Sunak was sitting next to Johnson, grinning inanely, you could almost see him fist pumping under the table that he got the answers ‘right’. I don’t think he can believe he’s there himself, so how we’re supposed to take it all seriously I don’t know.

Justhow Sat 15-Feb-20 06:59:49

So depressing, all of it 😢.

Binterested Sat 15-Feb-20 07:05:44

It is astonishing. It occurred to me while reading about Labour’s purge of women that, given the complete insanity on that side, Boris is good for ten years. But then something like this happens. Surely it weakens him to be so in thrall to weirdo Cummings. He just seems like the nerdy bitcoin version of that strange woman who ‘advised’ Cherie Blair about lipstick and yoga.

85notout Sat 15-Feb-20 07:49:52

They are doing a have I got news for you style gig with a new work experience person each week.

MoltoAgitato Sat 15-Feb-20 08:00:21

Honestly, they all look like they should still be in short trousers and I am under 40! I imagine that place is just like an episode of the Thick of It. It would be funny if they weren’t so shit.

Has Dominic Cummings ever read Trilby, do you think?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »