Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ here - survey and consultations time! Domestic abuse, pre-charge bail and egg/sperm/embryo storage

(4 Posts)
BojanaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Feb-20 14:48:08

Hello,

We’re aware of a few surveys and consultations currently taking place which we thought might be of interest to some of you, so we thought we’d start a thread to highlight them. Apologies in advance for this being a bit of a mish-mash.

Women’s Aid is developing their next campaign and wants to hear from survivors - if you’re a survivor of domestic abuse, you can fill in their survey here.

The Home Office is consulting on changes to pre-charge bail. The consultation ends on Wednesday 29 April. The BBC writes that the Centre for Women’s Justice has made a super complaint about pre-charge bail, “accusing forces of failing to use protective measures in cases of violence against women”. You can read more about the consultation here and respond here.

The Department of Health and Social Care has launched a consultation on storage limits for eggs, sperm and embryos. Currently the storage period for eggs, sperm and embryos for fertility treatment is a maximum of 10 years, with extensions allowed under certain circumstances. You can find out more and respond to the consultation here. This consultation will close on 5 May.

Thanks
MNHQ

MartiniDry Thu 13-Feb-20 23:49:33

I've completed the Women's Aid survey.

I'm very disappointed to see that they ask for the gender (man, woman, non-binary) of their respondents. I've informed them that I have no "gender", but that I'm an adult human female and therefore a woman.

SinkGirl Sat 15-Feb-20 07:27:49

@BojanaMumsnet @MNHQ could you publicise this?

All Party Parliamentary Group on endometriosis running a survey for women with endometriosis, about the care they’ve received, time to diagnosis etc. It’s so important

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/APPGEndometriosis

SirVixofVixHall Mon 17-Feb-20 20:11:17

WOMEN’S Aid asking for Gender. The world has gone mad.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »