Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with my little girl growing up

(6 Posts)
Cathysaf Tue 14-Jan-20 19:57:45

I know it sounds crazy and silly as before I had Olivia I always knew that she would grow up but I didn't expect it to be so upsetting to watch as well as wonderful. Probably didn't help you she is an IVF baby! But time seems to be literally flashing by so fast I try really hard to do a lot with her and make the most of our time together but whatever I do I always feel a heavy heart and sad is I know this time he's going to Flash past me and I'm so scared of her starting school even though she goes to nursery and I work part-time I'm school seems like such a big change and people say it goes even faster when they start school which scares me. Of course I wanted to be happy and do well go forward in life but but maybe I'm trying to appreciate a too much maybe?? What I always feel guilty about everything be there for some reason I never think anything I Do Is Right and I always feel like I'm not good enough and time is literally flying by. ⁹

CustardT Tue 14-Jan-20 19:59:50

You shouldn’t feel like this so strongly. You should be able to put it in perspective more.

Do you think you might be depressed?

Cathysaf Tue 14-Jan-20 20:28:32

I guess maybe in the way I am.not coping with growing so quickly . ?? It dose depress me how quickly it all going past .me?? . But I think also has to do her being a IVF baby as well. As she could be the only one x

CustardT Wed 15-Jan-20 00:09:00

I really think it sounds like mild depression.

Do you get any exercise? Do you eat healthy?

I’d be looking at exercise, diet and vitamins to see if I could improve my mind and racing thoughts.

BlankTimes Wed 15-Jan-20 00:59:33

Learn to appreciate the NOW, not what's gone or what might be coming. Take joy in the present moment of being with your lovely little girl, her smile, her laugh, your shared moments. Be present, right here, right now and enjoy the moment.

SylvanianFrenemies Wed 15-Jan-20 01:07:04

Every stage of your child's life will bring new experiences, and excitement. My oldest is 8, and I just love chatting with her and seeing the world through her eyes.

My Mum feels the same about me, and I'm 42!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »