Talk

Advanced search

Leslie Ash on TV this morning

(79 Posts)
betaboo Tue 10-Dec-19 12:42:39

I happened to see Leslie Ash on TV this morning saying her career ended when she became disabled because of getting a hospital superbug.

My memory is that her career ended, years before the illness, when she had lip fillers that went terribly wrong and she became the poster girl for the trout pout.

Sadly her face still looks very strange and could barely move her lips during the interview. I think it is a bit disingenuous of her to claim her career came to a halt when she became disabled, which is totally dreadful in itself, but not exactly the real reason as to why she could not find work anymore

MarthasGinYard Tue 10-Dec-19 12:45:09

She was terribly ill and hasn't worked since.

Mean to blame it all on the fillers thing.

Poor woman

Somanysocks Tue 10-Dec-19 12:47:14

I actually thought she was looking better and her lips had settled down a bit. Or is it that we are becoming more immune to the 'smacked lip' look nowadays.

I always thought she was so pretty before and wondered why she did it.

Paddington68 Tue 10-Dec-19 12:50:15

I thought she looked really good.

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 10-Dec-19 12:52:55

There was a lot more going on for many years, as far as I remember.

The lip surgery came before her being hospitalised and contracting MSSA. Her life has been a series of car crashes and public opinion seems to like to dislike her.

Patroclus Tue 10-Dec-19 12:55:30

Interview with her yesterday in the Guardian which was all about it if you're interested.

Patroclus Tue 10-Dec-19 12:56:01

Shes still with that idiot of a husband.

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 10-Dec-19 12:57:18

Shes still with that idiot of a husband. Only an idiot if you belive the red tops. She defended him, explained her own alcoholism as a root cause of her issues and has a mind of her own!

Patroclus Tue 10-Dec-19 13:05:39

Ask Caroline Quentin about him.

Patroclus Tue 10-Dec-19 13:08:24

And Gordon Ramsey

www.thefreelibrary.com/It%27s+hard+to+respect+a+man+when+he%27s+drunk%2C+abusive%2C+and+shi**ing+on...-a0116913094

Span1elsRock Tue 10-Dec-19 13:10:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LoveNote Tue 10-Dec-19 13:12:52

why was she in hospital (when she contracted the superbug?)

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 10-Dec-19 13:14:49

GORDON RAMSEY!!! Really?

As far as I can see they were unhappy, tumultuous drinks together. I've seen just such a relationship up close. Both sides are at fault. If they pull through together, get sober together then good for them! If they don't then they don't. Nothing to do with nosy strangers.

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 10-Dec-19 13:16:02

why was she in hospital That depends whose version of events you believe.

Only the two of them will know! You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved, especially if you are just a nosy onlooker!

Nat6999 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:16:51

She had a back injury, she fell out of bed during sex with her husband. Then in hospital she contracted an infection. The back injury has left her with a limp.

Quartz2208 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:16:52

was it not from hurting her ribs after "rough sex"

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 10-Dec-19 13:17:41

"Energetic" I think was the actual word used!

midsomermurderess Tue 10-Dec-19 13:27:57

What a pointless and nasty thread. Christ, do you not have one single other thing you could fill your empty head with:

BobbyNewport Tue 10-Dec-19 13:28:42

Nosy onlooker 🙄 she's in the public eye and keeps going on tv and to the papers to talk about this stuff. Of course people are going to speculate about it, especially when the stuff she says doesn't appear to match up. And them both 'allegedly' being alcoholics doesn't excuse domestic violence.

And patroclus is right. She's fallen out with a lot of friends and family (including her sister) over him. Or are they just nosy onlookers too?

userxx Tue 10-Dec-19 13:33:20

@MarthasGinYard Very mean

hifolks Tue 10-Dec-19 13:34:25

Is she very talented?

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 10-Dec-19 13:35:35

she's in the public eye and keeps going on tv and to the papers to talk about this stuff. I wonder why? Just because she keeps putting it out there doesn't mean it has to be read!

Populist crap can be ignored. And her sister in particular just as media hungry. Seriousy, why does such shit sell papers? An ever insatiable public appetite for nasty gossip!

loobyloo1234 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:37:02

That article with the quotes from Gordon Ramsey shock

Equanimitas Tue 10-Dec-19 13:38:02

Don't feel much sympathy for her, tbh.

If you can't find it in you to feel sympathy with a woman who had a life-threatening illness leaving her severely disabled, there's something wrong with you.

YouSawThePlans Tue 10-Dec-19 13:38:54

Both sides are at fault - no, they're not. The victim isn't at fault. Stop excusing domestic abuse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »