Talk

Advanced search

Asked him to leave

(7 Posts)
TinkersBell Tue 03-Dec-19 00:02:17

DH has been using swingers websites amongst who else knows what.

I've told him he leaves tomorrow. I've got 2 young DC, bank accounts are joint as is mortgage etc. Need a get your shit together list.

He's said I stay here with the kids and he'll cover costs. Short term - keep our finances combined whilst i get my finances in order, longer term I presume it'll just be mortgage.

What do I need to do?

Can I sort

TinkersBell Tue 03-Dec-19 00:02:47

Or who knows what else ever 🤦‍♀️

TinkersBell Tue 03-Dec-19 00:03:37

Even. Christ typing clearly isn't my strong point tonight so please try and read through

lowlandLucky Tue 03-Dec-19 06:38:29

Sorry you are going through this. You need to open a bank account right now, use the gov.uk benefit calculator and then apply for benefits today, if possible get your Ex to write and sign a letter regarding what he intends to do to support his children. You need a free solicitors appointment and as him for a letter of seperation. Make sure you take enough from the joint account to cover you for at least 6 weeks. ggod luck

Livingthedream12345 Tue 03-Dec-19 07:30:09

Make sure you've got marriage certificate, passports, keep them safe.
Definitely get your own bank account immediately and transfer money into it.

MrsMoastyToasty Tue 03-Dec-19 07:32:37

Make sure child benefit etc is paid into your new account.

Jog22 Tue 03-Dec-19 12:43:23

I'd get this moved to the Relationships board - that's where you'll get the best lists of advice. This looks handy;
www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/categories/divorce-and-separation

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »