Talk

Advanced search

Child’s doctor set

(9 Posts)
singtanana Mon 02-Dec-19 21:47:30

Can anyone recommend a good quality doctor’s kit for a 4 year old? Ideally with a stethoscope that ‘beats’ when you use it. TIA

MagicSeeker Mon 02-Dec-19 22:08:37

Don’t know about the beating stethoscope but I’ve ordered the Plan toys wooden one for my DS2. My older DS had several plastic ones but they broke ridiculously easily. I’m hoping this one has more longevity. Reviews look good.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 03-Dec-19 06:48:20

DN has a dentist kit (DBiL is a dentist!) which is mostly wooden but has a real stethoscope. It’s by BeeBeeRun and it’s still sold on amazon.

Kpo58 Tue 03-Dec-19 07:14:50

My kids have the Glonova Kids Doctor Kit (can be bought on Amazon) and that comes with a beating stethoscope. The earscope and something else also lights up.

singtanana Tue 03-Dec-19 20:01:46

Thanks everyone, that’s a good list for me to have a look at. Off to don my Santa hat...fsmile

karmakameleon Tue 03-Dec-19 20:12:52

When DS was little we put together a ‘real’ doctor’s kit. Cheap stethoscope, blood pressure monitor, thermometer and one of the things you look into ears with and a first aid kit with bandages and other goodies. Supplemented with a dress up white coat and scrubs. All cheap off amazon or freebies from doctor friends. He had so much fun and it was probably one of the best presents we bought him.

Greybeardy Tue 03-Dec-19 20:26:26

You can buy cheap stethoscopes on amazon.

Stompythedinosaur Tue 03-Dec-19 20:52:58

I made our own - real stethoscope and crepe bandages, some syringes (obviously no needles), a bumper pack of cheap plasters, a real thermometer (mouth ones are cheap), a surgical mask. Much better play value than a plastic set, and none of the items are expensive.

purplemunkey Tue 03-Dec-19 20:55:08

We have the Melissa and Doug set, which is nice and has lasted well. I got it from Argos.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »