Talk

Advanced search

What 'boring/stupid' adult things do you get excited about?

(96 Posts)
Lsquiggles Mon 02-Dec-19 13:12:26

For example I bought a spray mop in the black Friday sales and I was so excited for it to arrive that I used it as soon as it was delivered on Saturday morning. Just used it again this morning and it brings me so much joy I don't know why grin

Monkeytapper Mon 02-Dec-19 13:34:41

Getting into bed with fresh sheets and clean pyjamas.
Going into hotel room after maids been in on holiday.

BuzzShitbagBobbly Mon 02-Dec-19 13:37:49

Getting an early night for no reason other than I want to.

Grumpbum123 Mon 02-Dec-19 13:39:03

Fresh sheets and new PJs

SandyClawsIsComingToTown Mon 02-Dec-19 13:39:44

I love filling in forms 🥰

StrayWoman Mon 02-Dec-19 13:40:40

New slippers
My amazing new ££ non stick roasting pans
Taylor's Christmas blend coffee
My new bathroom tiles and bathroom dimmer switch for bubble baths

Corneysjazzband Mon 02-Dec-19 13:41:10

My lovely Henry vacuum. Always had very cheap ones, last one was ancient and the house needed to be mended with black tape every other time it was used, which was not often. Henry is so easy. He just works. And the cable is so long I dont need an extension cable.

Goodnightjude1 Mon 02-Dec-19 13:42:01

My Shark hoover....it’s amazing. It bends in places I could only ever wish too!

Cruddles Mon 02-Dec-19 13:42:30

I recently had a day off work and was so happy to give the house a good clean as both kids were in childcare. I never had such feelings towards cleaning before kids

Myusernameisunique Mon 02-Dec-19 13:42:39

Having a cleaner come once a fortnight!
My spray mop (with you there op!)
My Dyson v8 animal hoover. After carting Hetty up and down numerous stairs for 9 years it changed my life!

BuzzShitbagBobbly Mon 02-Dec-19 13:42:43

When you make a great cup of tea and manage to drink it at exactly the right temperature. I have been known to tell people about this moment way after the event...

BuzzShitbagBobbly Mon 02-Dec-19 13:43:30

Waking back into rooms I have tidied and hoovered. I surprise myself with how nice it all looks!

Myshitisreal Mon 02-Dec-19 13:43:31

We've bought a new magic hoover which is charging. It's exciting 😁😁😁

letsgomaths Mon 02-Dec-19 13:51:56

Practising the church organ, especially loudly when nobody else is around - very satisfying. Doing it in the middle of the night in a deserted church, with all the lights off except the little one on my music stand - bliss!

Rosepetals30 Mon 02-Dec-19 13:52:30

The bloody shark hoover 💕

One of those motor window cleaners I borrowed from my boss and still haven’t bought one whyyyy

Cocolapew Mon 02-Dec-19 13:58:29

I bought a Vsc eindow hoover thingy for condensation.
I'm obsessed. Nowhere is safe from me.

Cocolapew Mon 02-Dec-19 13:59:10

Vac, window blush

uncomfortablydumb53 Mon 02-Dec-19 14:06:23

Using my Dyson V7 vacuum So easy and literally Painless... makes my day brighter as I have CP

Myshitisreal Tue 03-Dec-19 02:19:23

Definitely a slightly unhealthy hoover dynamic here 😂

managedmis Tue 03-Dec-19 02:23:12

Using a new bottle of shampoo
Batch cooking and seeing all the little pots of homemade food ready for the freezer
Chopping veg

PrancerOnParade Tue 03-Dec-19 03:05:03

I got new cutlery last week to replace the two half-missing mismatched sets we had before. Everything matches and is nice and shiny now. It's a delight to open the cutlery drawer and look at it. grin

I also spent longer than I care to admit finding the right set for us (nice handles, stainless steel, no plastic handles, not too plain but not too decorated either, good weight but not too heavy, and including matching soup spoons without costing us a fortune, didn't realise I was going to be so picky over cutlery.)

Preggosaurus9 Tue 03-Dec-19 05:55:32

@BuzzShitbagBobbly tea is life!

Preggosaurus9 Tue 03-Dec-19 05:57:34

Kitchen remodelling. Addicted to youtube makeovers and Pinterest. Saving up to do the kitchen is at least 2 years away blush have done it once already in different house. It was so much fun from start to finish I actually scared myself a bit..

Stillfunny Tue 03-Dec-19 06:03:30

Making a big mess in the kitchen when batch cooking or entertaining.
Then cleaning it all up .

DamsonOnThisDress Tue 03-Dec-19 06:05:17

I appreciate the cutlery thing, parade. Not finding enough of the same set at dinner is a thing in our house. I think I want to look at your cutlery drawer too, tbh.

Mine is fancy tea towels and nice fabric.

My teenage daughter once claimed I shoved her out of the way very rudely while talking to her in a gift shop when a particularly nice design distracted me. "Oooh...pretty...."

I denied it but it's true. I did. It was visceral.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »