Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a cook book for a student??

(8 Posts)
Loopy4got Thu 28-Nov-19 09:37:47

Hi there, my ds has started uni. Can anyone recommend a cook book for him, he really cannot even crack an egg. So we need something basic, preferable with pictures. Thanks xx

formerbabe Thu 28-Nov-19 10:25:05

Genuinely don't mean this in a rude way, but why haven't you taught him how to cook?

Wieas Thu 28-Nov-19 23:32:29

Nosh for Students - a Fun Student Cookbook - Photo with Every Recipe by Joy May. It was £7.98 and I bought it from Amazon. (There are several books with the same title, the one I bought her was the orange coloured one). You can actually get to look inside the book before you purchase it to make sure it will be suitable.

My daughter loves it.

DramaAlpaca Thu 28-Nov-19 23:34:47

One of the Sam Stern ones, or The Ultimate Student Cookbook by Fiona Beckett.

Dowser Thu 28-Nov-19 23:35:51

What about a jack monroe one

Bluerussian Thu 28-Nov-19 23:40:05

I promise you, this is wonderful!

www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb/books/andrew-murrow/get-stuffed/GOR001894006?keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz8_P7ImO5gIVybTtCh1CEQYIEAYYASABEgK5x_D_BwE

Loopy4got Tue 03-Dec-19 07:36:42

To former babe because he was at boarding school. And I was working my butt off to pay the fees. He came home every third weekend so we ate out for a treat, and now it has come back to bite me. I have truly spoilt him, all my own doing, and I am regretting it all now. I should have sent him to the local school, seen him every day, taught him lifes basics. Gosh do I regret it??

HearMeSnore Tue 03-Dec-19 07:43:56

When I was a student I had one called "How To Boil An Egg". It's awesome. Starts with absolute basics like making toast, and works up to simple dinners including how to do a roast.

I still use it from time to time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »