Talk

Advanced search

Where were you on 10 March 2001?

(143 Posts)
ElizaStrawberry Sun 17-Nov-19 21:59:45

I was pregnant with our first with. I remember at that time throwing up into my bin while trying to hide pregnancy. grin

MsTSwift Mon 18-Nov-19 06:33:36

Just moved from Bristol to London living in a flatshare 3 months in to new job at magic circle law firm. Exciting times! Sadly worked long hours so not able to attend all the shooting weekends I would have liked.

MsRomanoff Mon 18-Nov-19 06:41:30

I had dinner in my mums friends restaurant.

Mums birthday the next day. And I was preparing to move out so we went to dinner.

What I did the day before or after, I coildnt tell you.

Surely, records are made of certain peoples movements, it should be quite easy to prove? If you are certain people. 🤷‍♀️

No one made records of where I went though I, unfortunately, am not a person people would record where I was going.

Mummaofmytribe Mon 18-Nov-19 06:42:22

At home with parents visiting for Dd's second birthday. Trying to juggle buffet food prep with nursing 3 week old DS. Probably was sweating

ElizaStrawberry Mon 18-Nov-19 08:30:55

I appreciate it’s almost 20 years ago but there would be security and flights involved if abroad and probably security even on a day off going (or not going) to Pizza Express in the week, so there must be some sort of trace to a certain extent..
You'd think there must be wouldn't you? How very strange they aren't being shown as evidence. hmm

Councilworker Mon 18-Nov-19 08:38:29

As it was Saturday I was probably working. Making Pizzas. But for Tesco not pizza express!

ShinyGiratina Mon 18-Nov-19 09:39:47

That was around the time of Foot and Mouth diease "closing" the countryside off. I was at uni and in an outdoors activity based club and we had to rearrange our trip at short notice and went to London for the fun of it instead. I don't know if it was that weekend or the one before though, but we were away on Valentines day and it's more likely that it was the 10th than the 3rd. QPR were playing at home, so it is possible to use that to narrow it down.

Either way, the evening of the 10th would have included a load of sozzled students grin

ShinyGiratina Mon 18-Nov-19 09:42:34

Wikipeadia tells me I was in London the week before, so just a normal night of debauchery in the union for me.

CointreauVersial Mon 18-Nov-19 09:56:03

Six months pg with DD1, with toddler DS, having just walked out of shitty job with horrible uncaring company - enjoying my first week of what turned out to be a seven year spell as a full-time mother.

Mind you, DSis was living in Woking at the time, although I can't say Pizza Express was top of our list of places to go. DS a bit young for pizza back then. But if I'd known there would be royalty in attendance.....

Sgtmajormummy Mon 18-Nov-19 10:06:02

This is about Prince Andrew, isn’t it?
He has diaries and schedules for his staff.
Even I could look at my diary (keep them all) and see roughly where I was.
But I’m not facing accusations of corruption so I CBA.grin

NameChange84 Mon 18-Nov-19 10:08:12

Probably doing GCSE homework or shopping with my mum, maybe cinema and Frankie and Bennies with school friends. I was obsessed with Moulin Rouge at that age!

longwayoff Mon 18-Nov-19 10:35:11

@Sgtmajormummy, you are right, of course. There will be all kinds of records stating his whereabouts at all times, covering his whole life. Household
worksheets, protection officers records, diary secretaries records, to name but a few. He will never be in court concerning this so he can say what he likes.

XXcstatic Mon 18-Nov-19 11:35:13

He will never be in court concerning this

Not in this country, perhaps. But US courts have broad powers to subpoena witnesses and documents, including in civil cases. Andrew is never going to be extradited from the UK to US but, if he ever wants to be able to visit the US again, he may find himself forced to comply. Criminal charges may be brought against Epstein's alleged enablers like Ghislaine Maxwell and, though I would be surprised to see criminal charges against Andrew, he might be compelled to give evidence as a witness. I imagine many of Epstein's victims will also try to sue his estate for damages.

NorksofPlenty Mon 18-Nov-19 22:33:46

Backpacking somewhere in India and sweating profusely

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 18-Nov-19 22:35:57

Oh hey. I can just about remember where I was yesterday. Although I can tell you it was a Saturday.
Why do you askconfused

CareOfPunts Mon 18-Nov-19 22:40:36

I have not the first idea. I was living with my now husband, we’d moved in coming up to a year by this time.

Youbethebadgirl Mon 18-Nov-19 22:42:05

I was researching altetnative therapies that would help me find the cure for my annoying medical condition whereby I just couldn't sweat any more. Mostly I just really missed the good old days where the sweat would be lashing off me out in Argentina.
My research paid off. I'm back to being a profuse sweater! But I definitely wasn't in 2001.

MaggieFS Mon 18-Nov-19 22:47:52

Uni ski trip, having just handed in my dissertation. Finally.

DianaT1969 Mon 18-Nov-19 22:49:40

I was bartending at Tramp nightclub. Ridiculously quiet and boring job. Apparently none of the regulars could locate the bar.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »