Talk

Advanced search

Emergency childcare in central/north London

(8 Posts)
SpicyTomatos Sat 09-Nov-19 11:12:49

Can anyone recommend any emergency childcare cover in central/north London? We are looking for someone to look after our 3 year old during the birth of his sibling.

So far we have found North London Nannies and one local sitter, but both will depend on availability and North London Nannies can only be booked during the daytime, so the more options the better.

We have also failed to persuade any friends, family or nursery workers to volunteer, and a homebirth isn't an option.

sleepismysuperpower1 Sat 09-Nov-19 11:19:17

have you looked on emergency childcare? I'm not signed up so i cant see but they might have sitters near you. all the best for the birth x

SpicyTomatos Sat 09-Nov-19 12:15:55

Thanks. I've just registered. They seem to only take bookings M-F 7.30am-7pm though. I guess it is another option if things kick-off at a civilised time.

GleamInYourEyes Sat 09-Nov-19 12:17:54

How about Sitters?

GrumpyHoonMain Sat 09-Nov-19 12:19:43

Have you asked the 3 yo’s nursery if any of the staff provides childcare privately? Most of the emergency childcare my family arrange in north london is through their existing nursery.

SuperDuperJezebel Sat 09-Nov-19 12:21:15

Have you tried childcare.co.uk? I'm a nanny and currently advertising on there for a new role, it's very popular. I'd offer to help but I'm the wrong side of London!

SpicyTomatos Sat 09-Nov-19 12:35:14

Yes, I asked his current nursery, and sadly no one does this. I asked his old nursery and they are not allowed.

I will check out the other websites now, thanks.

SpicyTomatos Sat 09-Nov-19 17:13:22

Sitters.co.uk looks quite interesting. Does anyone know if you can book outside of working hours? It looks like a fully automated system.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »