Talk

Advanced search

When’s your next break/ holiday coming up.?

(109 Posts)
Travelfan1 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:01:06

Off to Amsterdam soon. Just booked a weekend in Seville for January. Got an absolute bargain flight.
Where are you all off to next?

ChestyCoffin Sat 09-Nov-19 10:04:04

Florida in 3 weeks grin

Travelfan1 Sat 09-Nov-19 22:12:03

Have a fab time Chesty is this a good time of year to go weather wise and in terms of busyness?

Coquohvan Sat 09-Nov-19 22:34:04

Tenerife at the mo, the lakes in January lovely cottage log fires Rome February, March Venice, April France May Corralejo. July Disney with GC
Retired love travelling.

ParkheadParadise Sat 09-Nov-19 22:40:28

I'm off to Edinburgh next weekend with 3 friends .
Going away with DH to Venice beginning of December for 5 days.
Cyprus in April for a month ( have a house there)

Sarahlou63 Sat 09-Nov-19 22:43:00

Antigua on the 20th Nov. 10 days of lying in the sun, doing nothing more than drinking rum punches, sunbathing, reading, sleeping and eating. Business class each way. Can't wait grin

NonUrinatInVentum Sat 09-Nov-19 22:44:50

Trying to convince Roman DH to book a few days to see his parents grin

DeeCeeCherry Sun 10-Nov-19 01:03:28

Just back from 2 weeks in Caribbean. Next break is end Jan - end Feb, 1 month in South America. I can't wait. I always used to go away in Summer, can't think why. Winter breaks are the best, something to look forward to on cold winter days here.

Bloodybridget Sun 10-Nov-19 06:21:45

An overnight in a B&B in Suffolk, end of next week, we're going to spend time at Bury St Edmunds Christmas fair! Very modest compared to pps but I'm ridiculously excited about it, I've missed out on holidays this year due to illness.

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 10-Nov-19 06:26:18

Don't go away over the winter but have holiday from work over Xmas.

Next break in the caravan is Easter in the Cotswolds.

HeronLanyon Sun 10-Nov-19 06:28:28

Lakshadweep islands late December.
Splurge holiday after deaths in family and just awful year all round.

thatmustbenigelwiththebrie Sun 10-Nov-19 06:49:00

Going to the highlands for a few nights over new year and that's it. Have a hen do abroad in the summer so that will have to be my holiday but I don't mind as I know and like everyone going so it will be fun.

whiteroseredrose Sun 10-Nov-19 07:18:18

Iceland at the end of March. I wanted to go for my 40th...I wanted to go for my 50th....In the end I booked it myself at 54 when I was supposed to be booking for Sicily!!

No idea what we'll do in the summer. We're still tied to school holidays and I don't fancy Sicily in August.

I'm also getting a bit concerned about my carbon footprint. We might drive to Northern France and see battlefields and the Bayeux tapestry. Or maybe Belgium and Bruges.

FullSteamBehind Sun 10-Nov-19 07:24:23

@HeronLanyon, The Lakshadweep islands are on my wish list, they look amazing.
Are you flying via Kochi? If you're happy to share your itinerary I'd love to know more.

BoogleMcGroogle Sun 10-Nov-19 08:04:07

Not until going to The Alps February half term 😔 It feels like ages away, but will be lovely when it comes.

Two weeks ago we spent the weekend at a gorgeous family hotel in deepest Suffolk. Grandparents came too and we had a ball. It's been such a stressful week, that it feels like years ago!

HeronLanyon Sun 10-Nov-19 08:08:35

Yes kochi then ferry. Need permit which took a bit of doing. Not unlike Andaman Islands for pre trip shenanigans. Been to kochi and mangalore (think there is also ferry from there or near there ??) quite a bit and have always wAnted to go - not sure it will be quite the restful holiday I needed but frankly always love a bit of travel chaos thrown in.

fussychica Sun 10-Nov-19 08:09:38

Portugal for a month in 22 hours. Just about to pack. Recently back from a month in Spain. DH is keen to get a couple of city trips in before our next big holiday in May/June. Lucky to have the time and means to holiday frequently.

WendyMoiraAngelaDarling Sun 10-Nov-19 08:10:26

Just perusing a three day break to NYC last night actually. This is the first time in years that I haven't got anything booked. I usually book as soon as I get back from somewhere. We got back from the holiday of a lifetime at the beginning of a September and I thought I'd leave it a while but I am getting restless...

Shoxfordian Sun 10-Nov-19 08:15:50

Going on a Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks, really excited

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 10-Nov-19 08:17:33

February half term, it’s my 50th so pondering where to go, just me and DC’s, Iceland is at the top of the list.

HeronLanyon Sun 10-Nov-19 08:19:55

fivegomad Iceland has been on my wish list for so long - for some reason it has never happened (other than once touching down on transatlantic flight). Really sounds wonderful. If you go have fab time.

Mummyilovejokes1 Sun 10-Nov-19 08:25:34

Edinburgh beginning of Dec for a few days, hope it doesnt rain!

Nononononono33 Sun 10-Nov-19 08:27:12

Nothing before January although will have a Christmas break from work (nearly two weeks at home). Bristol for a long weekend at the end of Jan - travelling from there into Cardiff for a Six Nations rugby match. Then Finland for a skiing holiday in early March.

PH30B3 Sun 10-Nov-19 08:27:29

Were going to las Vegas in a couple of months that's all we've got booked at the moment I will book another one as I hate coming back from big trips with nothing to look forward too.

shebagthehag Sun 10-Nov-19 08:30:42

New York in 3 weeks and Amsterdam in May.

Iceland is one of the friendliest places I've ever been and the most beautiful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »