Talk

Advanced search

Renewing passport

(10 Posts)
Horsemad Sat 09-Nov-19 09:15:47

Does anyone know if new passports will be blue immediately we leave the EU or do they have a stash of red ones that need to used up...?

Need to renew mine but want a blue one!

filka Sat 09-Nov-19 09:25:26

Don't know, but remember that visas for many countries (e.g. Turkey) require that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport, so don't leave it too late thinking that you can eke out the last few months on the old one.

Horsemad Sat 09-Nov-19 09:38:50

Ah yes. Mine ran out a while ago, so that won't affect me but a good point. 🙂

etimram Sat 09-Nov-19 09:40:36

No idea but I wouldn't hold out for Brexit if you're wanting a foreign trip anytime soon.

smemorata Sat 09-Nov-19 09:43:09

You think we're leaving the EU?

ColdRainAgain Sat 09-Nov-19 09:44:32

They have already reprinted passports in red without 'European Union' - and have been using them for a while. Are we definitely getting blue passports?

Horsemad Sat 09-Nov-19 09:45:45

@smemorata, who knows what will happen?! Not I! I just want a blue passport. 🤨

Horsemad Sat 09-Nov-19 09:46:56

Apparently so @ColdRainAgain but obviously, things can (& most likely will) change.

Horsemad Sat 09-Nov-19 10:30:26

www.gov.uk/government/publications/passport-design-changes/changes-to-the-design-of-british-passports

Found the info on the .GOV website.

ReginaGeorgeous Sat 09-Nov-19 10:50:24

When I applied for my sons passport this summer, he got a burgundy one without the words European Union on it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »