Talk

Advanced search

Who is up? (3am)

(45 Posts)
blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:40:22

Feeling sick to my stomach with anxiety tonight. Anyone else up? thlsad

Maxineputyourredshoeson Wed 23-Oct-19 03:42:18

Yes, I am. Also anxiety related. Want to talk about it?

MustardScreams Wed 23-Oct-19 03:42:46

Are you ok? What’s causing your anxiety?

I’m up, having a coffee so here if you need to talk.

Nowthereistwo Wed 23-Oct-19 03:43:57

I've just woken up, started thinking about work straight away and now made the extra mistake of coming on mumsnet. Also got an ear infection that's hurting- joy.

StabMeReapers Wed 23-Oct-19 03:45:26

I woke up for the loo and can’t get back to sleep. This is an almost nightly occurrence. hmm

Bluewavescrashing Wed 23-Oct-19 03:45:36

Me. Weird pains in various places.

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:45:50

@Maxineputyourredshoeson & @MustardScreams Hello! Thank you both, I'm sorry to hear you also have anxiety *@Maxineputyourredshoeson*. What's going on for you? I suffer from anxiety and MH problems full time so I should be used to this feeling by now but I'm not!

@MustardScreams I love coffee! How do you take yours? I think it's caused by a fear of being sick, I haven't been sick in over a year though!

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:47:10

@Nowthereistwo oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the ear infection, they are truly awful. A great tip I found useful last year for mine was to heat up a damp flannel in the microwave then put it in a mug and hold it against your ear. Does wonders for the pain!

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:47:40

@StabMeReapers I hate that! I always end up peeing then wanting a glass of water so the cycle continues thlgrin

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:48:06

@Bluewavescrashing thlsad So sorry you're suffering, where are you in pain?

Maxineputyourredshoeson Wed 23-Oct-19 03:49:50

@ blanketsallday I feel for you, I have GAD and have done for several years but no, you never get used to it. I’m having an operation on Sunday, was due to be on 31/10 but they had a space so moved me and so everything is going through my head around that. When my anxiety is bad I also itch a lot and so I have scratched some places raw and those are bleeding/stinging.

What’s got you up tonight? Anything in particular?

Nextphonewontbesamsung Wed 23-Oct-19 03:50:44

I'm awake in excrutiating pain. Praying for the codeine to kick in.

V666 Wed 23-Oct-19 03:50:58

Hi I'm new n joined to try change length of sentence in jail for a specific crime and can you please help direct me to correct area here to try gain a chance to make it major topic of conversation please?

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:54:46

@Maxineputyourredshoeson Best of luck for your op! It will all go smoothly I'm sure. I can definitely understand why you would be worried thoughthanks

I also scratch too! I don't usually notice myself doing it either until my skin is sorethlsad Maybe give yourself a nice pampering with some moisturiser on the non bleeding parts?

I think it's my emetophobia (fear of being sick). That's usually what keeps me up, whenever I feel slightly sick I get so scared I'll throw up!

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:55:12

@Nextphonewontbesamsung 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 hope it kicks in soon! What kind of pain? thanks

V666 Wed 23-Oct-19 03:57:39

Sorry just saw whole thread was not there before very insensitive post now I see all.
I have sleep issues my doctor said last cuppa tea or coffee best at lunchtime cos caffeine will only end at midnight never heard that think he could be exaggerating but coffee is not for now honey x

Pinkpanther473 Wed 23-Oct-19 03:57:50

nextphone sorry to hear you are in such pain and hope the painkillers have started to kick in
I’m up too with a cold that has woken up my pregnancy nausea, fun times!!
Wishing you all lots of peace and sleep

SureTry Wed 23-Oct-19 03:57:53

I have to get up for work in 5 mins 😩 I also have an appointment to have a wisdom tooth taken out so I've been waking up every hour since 11pm.

VanyaHargreeves Wed 23-Oct-19 03:58:07

Me. Always up. Chronic insomniac

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:58:46

@V666 don't worry about it!smile Not sure where to direct your post on this site, sorry!

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 03:59:28

@VanyaHargreeves 😩 hope you get some rest soon!

PrettyPurse Wed 23-Oct-19 04:00:13

@Maxineputyourredshoeson - can you pinpoint what you are worried about in regards to your operation?

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 04:00:22

@SureTry blimey that's early! What do you do? Sorry to hear about the tooth pain, wisdom teeth can be awful. Good luck with the appointment, you'll feel so much better after!thanksthlsmile

blanketsallday Wed 23-Oct-19 04:01:00

@Pinkpanther473 Sorry you're nauseas! Hope you fall back asleep soonthanks (and congratulations on pregnancy!thlsmile)

andrea11745 Wed 23-Oct-19 04:09:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »