Talk

Advanced search

No sleep club

(16 Posts)
OnTheBayou Tue 22-Oct-19 23:49:03

anyone else know they're in for a night of no sleep?

Night three of my 9 month old having a nasty cold, he's been up for hours each night and after waking up screaming every 20 minutes he's now wide awake, snot everywhere, and I am knackered.

He's in my bed with me watching little bloody baby bum which probably gives me about 50 bad parent points but desperate times and all that.

I now have the fear about how little sleep I'm going to get, so when he does drop off I'll probably lie there wide awake for a couple of hours until he wakes up at 6 🙃🙃🙃

Anyone else having a crap nights sleep already? Sending solidarity. Please send me good sleepy baby vibes in return grin

BeyonceKnows Tue 22-Oct-19 23:53:25

Yep! My 4 week old is apparently half human, half owl... She didn't sleep AT ALL last night and tonight looks likely to go the same way.
I tried for a pre-emptive nap but failed because I just cant switch off so I'm probably going to die of exhaustion tonight!
Shame about your son - it must be awful when they're not feeling well and wont sleep Hope he's feeling better soon!

hormonesorDHbeingadick Tue 22-Oct-19 23:57:12

I’m in. For some reason my bf 3 months seemed to think than other than about 3 feeds of a few minutes she was too busy to feed so it already making up for it.

OnTheBayou Wed 23-Oct-19 00:05:50

Oh god I remember those early days where they can't tell the difference between night and day and want constant feeding...you start to feel delirious with tiredness. I felt like I didn't get into a proper deep sleep for weeks!

It is crap when they're ill, I feel so sorry for him. But he is also hitting me in the head with his dummy over and over which lessons my sympathy slightly 🙄

SRK16 Wed 23-Oct-19 02:33:06

My 3 week old is cluster feeding and has been for days. I could cry! I miss sleep so much.

NeverGotMyPuppy Wed 23-Oct-19 02:40:01

Reporting for duty!
My 1 year old is usually a pretty good sleeper. We came away on holiday on Saturday and its all gone to shit. He has been awake since 12.45. Sunday night he was awake for 2.5 hrs.

I'm so tired sad

surlycurly Wed 23-Oct-19 02:41:54

I can't blame a small child unfortunately. I'm awake because I'm a bit stressed and I've had a head cold/ bad back combo which is playing Up. Oh and a cat who wanted out.

SunshinePaddles Wed 23-Oct-19 02:48:18

I dare say little to no sleep for me either again tonight.

I'm stuck in an arm chair hooked up to an ice machine after surgery. I will probably spend the night watching ER reruns so if I do manage to doze off, I won't miss much.

I hope everyone with ill children, cluster feeders, or are ill themselves feel better soon and for those that are too wired/stressed/insomniacs/other manage to get some sleep as well.

OneHanded Wed 23-Oct-19 02:53:37

Hi! Lifetime insomniac here 😅 watching supervet, eating toast and googling sourdough recipes 😌 good luck dealing with little ills or big ills!

MakeLemonade Wed 23-Oct-19 03:14:16

Third night of my refluxy four week old not able to sleep anywhere but upright on me as she’s in pain that she alternately cries or wants to feed through. Hoping I get an hour here or there tonight as one of my other DC has a birthday tomorrow so likely an early and excitable start!

Florencenotflo Wed 23-Oct-19 04:26:14

No chance of sleep here. 8 week old had her jabs yesterday and was fine all day/evening. But I went to bed at 10:30 and she wouldn't settle unless upright on my chest. I kept dropping off in bed and I'm worried I'm going to drop her or something. So I've come downstairs and I'm watching bake off recordings.

She won't let me put her down at all, so I've just had an interesting experience trying to have a wee. Usually I'd put her down and let her cry for the 2 seconds it would take but dd1 (3.5) is asleep and the last thing I need is her up for the day at 4:30!

Wildernesstips Wed 23-Oct-19 07:09:29

Not helpful for those with babies, but FutureLearn are running a really interesting 2 week course on Sleep Deprivation at the moment. Picked up lots of tips, now just have to put them into practice.

Spanglyprincess1 Wed 23-Oct-19 07:12:27

My 15 mth old. Is no sleep warrior up ever hour for last 2 weeks. I pray its teeth as if this is the new pattern I wil keel over..

Spanglyprincess1 Wed 23-Oct-19 07:14:10

Also ds has never slept through and always has woken up at least twice but this new thing is actual murder.
Coffee is king

Another40ththread Wed 23-Oct-19 07:40:07

I've just lost my shit at the little amount of sleep I've been getting. Ds2 (1) has his lower incisors coming through. The nappies are disgusting and frequent. He hasn't slept since Saturday, really bad wind but happy in himself during the day.

I feel so ill, I've not been back at work long and have so much on. I'm getting three hours broken sleep a night.

Hope everyone feels better.

thanks

OnTheBayou Wed 23-Oct-19 07:43:42

@Another40ththread I'm back at work too and same-about three hours broken sleep the last 3 nights. It's awful, my brain stops working properly and my quality of work is shit. I feel so ill!

He eventually got to sleep at about 3 after a desperate drive in the car, more calpol, milk, all sorts. Would only sleep in my arms and was wriggly and snotty so I was half awake the whole time.

Woke up at 6.30. Got him back off for another 45 minutes and now we're both up, arghh

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »