Talk

Advanced search

What are you looking for in an AirBnB?

(126 Posts)
VinoEsmeralda Tue 22-Oct-19 19:52:36

In the process of building a 1 bedroom house with small garden and off road parking.

We often use AirBnB and there are a few things I really rate such as off road parking, welcome pint of milk, good instructions and of course a nice bed.

What do you think we could do to make it stand out?

Jupiters Tue 22-Oct-19 20:04:13

Definitely off road parking!

Not everyone's thing but I was looking for one recently that specifically had a hot tub.

PreschoolYes Tue 22-Oct-19 20:10:04

Washing machine.

Proper bath rather than just a shower.

WiFi.

Linen and towels provided.

I prefer a cleaning fee so I don't have to clean everything myself.

VinoEsmeralda Tue 22-Oct-19 20:12:28

Jupiters thank you!

I shudder by the idea of a hot tub since I read a thread on here and they were called gonorrhea pits. Used to love them ...

holidays987 Tue 22-Oct-19 20:16:21

Impeccably clean, uncluttered and simple decor.

Comfortable bed, high spec bathroom, good location, parking if possible, extra pillows, blackout curtains, good WiFi and phone signal, no pets. Ideally!!

VinoEsmeralda Tue 22-Oct-19 20:17:00

ah PreschoolYes I have never heard or seen that you can clean yourself?

We were just discussing washing machine or washer dryer. Im washing only as less to go wrong or catch fire...

Yes definitely having a bath ( shower over bath) and of course WIFI and decent linen and towels.

Do you think it would be worth putting in an electric car charger?

Maranello4 Tue 22-Oct-19 20:23:58

As well as all the things you've mentioned - WIFI, is it easy to find with directions etc. A book with a guide to the property is essential, with details such as how to use the WiFi, heating, how the TV works (if it needs passwords etc. or for international visitors what channels are available - had this in Lisbon which was great for my son), nearest shop/ conveniences/ pub/ local taxi firms. Local attractions. It doesn't have to be anything flash, a binder with some print outs in plastic envelopes is fine.

Autumnchill Tue 22-Oct-19 20:31:49

Easy check in! I've just stayed at one with a code for the garage, code for stairs, code for key lock.....the instructions were like war and peace!

Small welcome back, milk, sugar, coffee, teabags.

Nice, clean and uncluttered and good WiFi.

pelirocco123 Tue 22-Oct-19 20:33:58

Comfortable sofa to sit on .we use air bnb a lot and it tends to be the one thing thsts lacking

DuesToTheDirt Tue 22-Oct-19 20:37:05

Somewhere to chill, with enough comfy chairs. A table to eat at. Cooking facilities, don't need to be fancy but should be adequate.

A bit of personality and warmth. We had a holiday recently and lots of places we looked at were frankly depressing - blank walls with no pictures, the bare minimum of furniture (e.g. no bookcases or lamps).

delilahbucket Tue 22-Oct-19 20:39:49

Comfy bed trumps everything for me, then blackout blinds/curtains, sofa you can actually lounge on, parking, towels, milk always handy, good shower and good ventilation in the bathroom (we've stayed in two now where the damp just hangs around no matter how wide you open the window). Obviously a clean property is standard and I would expect basic cleaning/washing up items to be provided.

DuesToTheDirt Tue 22-Oct-19 20:40:37

@pelirocco123 on our last holiday the sofa was a deal breaker. I kept thinking I'd found places with sofas only to read the small print and realise that the sofa was actually a sofa bed, and the only bed!

Karwomannghia Tue 22-Oct-19 20:43:35

Warm, clean, enough crockery etc, lovely towels and sheets. Good curtains. Really clear instructions. WiFi.

WellTidy Tue 22-Oct-19 20:47:41

Blackout blinds are a must for us. Just stayed at a fab air B and B and the only thing I could find fault with was how much the bedroom was lit up by a street lamp at night

Masses of hot water

Good linen and towels

A coffee machine with coffee is always nice to have

A couple of cans of gin and tonic would be amazing

I am not fussed by nice toiletries as I don’t expect them in an air B and B and always bring my own

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 22-Oct-19 20:47:58

Registered as a landlord,.with the property registered as a business. All proper fire regulations etc met. Not on an area where there is already a lot of pressure on housing. No neighbours.

CodenameVillanelle Tue 22-Oct-19 20:49:17

Are you building a house to Airbnb it?

DaphneFanshaw Tue 22-Oct-19 20:50:42

A decent collection of different glasses, cups etc.
A selection of dvds or board games.
Clear instructions and recommendations of local restaurants/ attractions.
A few basic cleaning items.

TheSecretJeven Tue 22-Oct-19 20:52:17

The Airbnb I'm in at the moment left beer and wine in the fridge grin.

A pint of milk is great.

DaphneFanshaw Tue 22-Oct-19 20:53:25

Yes, I alway appreciate beer and wine.

Velveteenfruitbowl Tue 22-Oct-19 20:57:42

A washing machine is pointless without a dryer.

Black out curtains are a must.

So is a proper collection of cooking utensils. Frying pans for instance are often not included.

Nice tea and coffee is a good bonus but not the end of world if not there.

A proper shower (as opposed to a low pressure tiny headed shower).

TeachesOPeaches Tue 22-Oct-19 21:00:33

Cleaning items.

Are you welcoming children? If so, travel cot, high chair, box of toys etc?

Depends where it’s situated, but I always appreciate a few ‘arty’ photos/pictures of the local area.

First aid kit!

Also, I stayed in a place that had a power cut. Not a problem, but they had no provisions. Even simple things, cards, board games etc are appreciated.

froggers1 Tue 22-Oct-19 21:02:25

A decent sofa and bed. I've stayed in lots and if you cant sleep well you dont have a good stay...

TeachesOPeaches Tue 22-Oct-19 21:02:30

Invest in comfortable mattresses and sofas and/or chairs.

All future backs thank you wink

MyDcAreMarvel Tue 22-Oct-19 21:03:42

A separate washing machine and dryer.

Autumnchill Tue 22-Oct-19 21:06:04

Ah yes good utensils! The bloody tin opener we had in Chester was useless. Ended up butchering the tin with a blunt knife (sharp knives also!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »