Talk

Advanced search

Staying in a house/hotel.. WWBU to go downstairs...

(15 Posts)
HardHatDonned123 Mon 21-Oct-19 15:31:50

...once our son is sleeping, if we have monitors to see him?

He's 5. Usually sleeps perfectly fine. It's a big house made into a hotel - think double fronted house type size as opposed to huge mansion.

It's a rare treat for DH and I, whilst visiting in laws, instead of a travel lodge.

We thought we might go downstairs for a glass of wine before bed, take our video monitor and enjoy a glass in the lounge area.

Part of me thinks it is fine as it's only like being downstairs in a house. Other part thinks don't be daft.

BlueLadybird Mon 21-Oct-19 15:49:44

Once you get there, you’ll be able to assess the risk. It’s hard to tell until you’ve seen the place, got a sense of distances, security, entrances etc. But I expect you’ll know once you’re there.

VenusClapTrap Mon 21-Oct-19 15:49:52

I did this at my db’s wedding. Our room was directly above the reception room.

HardHatDonned123 Mon 21-Oct-19 15:55:35

It's only got approx 15 rooms I believe. Defo one to assess when we arrive - but I'm pleased so far it isn't a deafening NO!

Katinski Mon 21-Oct-19 15:56:57

We did thissmile
Monitor on the table, we went up occasionally.,no probs.System worked perfectly.

PoptartPoptart Mon 21-Oct-19 17:06:17

’Part of me thinks it is fine as it's only like being downstairs in a house’
This is true, but it’s also a house with 15 other bedrooms with strangers staying there too.

Katinski Mon 21-Oct-19 17:17:51

But other rooms with their own keys, poptart
There's a difference, no?
OP, go for itsmile

Waxonwaxoff0 Mon 21-Oct-19 17:30:41

I wouldn't, but I'm a bit overprotective anyway. I just wouldn't feel comfortable.

Tohavefarted Mon 21-Oct-19 17:33:29

I definitely would!! If you had a 15 bedroom home you’d still leave him upstairs in it.

Moltenpink Mon 21-Oct-19 17:33:32

I would, if you could get back up quickly if there was a fire alarm (wide staircase). Have a lovely time!

pinkcardi Mon 21-Oct-19 17:34:14

I absolutely would.

No concerns at all if you're using the baby monitor

Bofster37 Mon 21-Oct-19 17:34:18

I would, without a moments hesitation

shouldhavecalleditoatabix Mon 21-Oct-19 18:07:34

I did this. We stayed at a pub with 4 or 5 rooms upstairs. We were the only guests though so the landlord locked the downstairs door for us and left his dog guarding it! We had a wonderful weekend which I fully hope to repeat one day! If it feels ok when you get there OP, you will know. And if not it's a bottle of wine and a silent board game in the room with sleeping dc!! 😂

KindergartenKop Mon 21-Oct-19 19:39:10

I have a 15 bedroom castle and DS is fine asleep upstairs in the nursery while I sit down in the drawing room sipping champagne.

Expressedways Mon 21-Oct-19 19:47:33

I get the point about strangers but we have a house abroad that sounds like it’s bigger than this hotel and we don’t go to bed with DD. If the video monitor will stretch then I’d be comfortable doing this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »