Talk

Advanced search

Can someone answer a quick question about Prime/Prime music please?

(8 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 21-Oct-19 14:20:58

Because I'm clicking round the amazon website confusing myself here!

If I have a free prime trial, can I still stream music on my phone through amazon music? Or are they two separate things? I'm wondering whether to cancel Prime music for the month until the free trial is over unless I still need it for the music?

Hopefully that makes sense & someone can help me out smile

sewinginscotland Mon 21-Oct-19 14:24:13

I just had a look. I have prime and I couldn't stream anything for free without Amazon music. My father in law says that he's been listening to it, so there must be some songs you can access (unless he signed up for the free trial).

bookwormnerd Mon 21-Oct-19 14:33:34

If you have amazon prime you get access to a limited library of music as part of prime, if you have music unlimited you get it all, that is a separate cost per month.

TragicallyUnbeyachted Mon 21-Oct-19 14:34:53

IIRC there are some tracks you can stream just with a regular Prime account but to listen to more than that you need a Music Unlimited account.

BooksAreMyOnlyFriends Mon 21-Oct-19 14:37:07

I think the cheapest way is to buy an Echo and and get the monthly subscription for £3.99.

lucysmam Mon 21-Oct-19 14:39:28

Thanks, I might cancel and see how limited it is for the moment in that case.

lucysmam Mon 21-Oct-19 14:47:35

Well, I'd cancel it if I could see where to cancel it hmm

BooksAreMyOnlyFriends Mon 21-Oct-19 15:01:56

I think there's a bit called 'your subscriptions'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »