Advanced search

CV & cover letter - can I say this?

(5 Posts)
CVAdvice Mon 21-Oct-19 13:54:25

Job description:
Scientific analysis and opinions on questions from clients
Planning and commissioning of studies in the field of X

Cover letter:
It is the implementation of research projects and the processing of results that particularly appeal to me.

Do they match up?

And can I explain away a gap in employment on my c.v. with Accident, surgery and rehabilitation. ?

EssentialHummus Mon 21-Oct-19 14:00:19

Hello, CV writer here <waves>.

I'd be more explicit and say "I have particular skill in scientific analysis and using data to answer questions. I also have experience in planning and commissioning X studies and research projects, gained during my role at [name]." You really need to lead the reader by the nose.

Gap in employment - yes, that's fine.

CVAdvice Mon 21-Oct-19 14:08:33

Thanks. How's your search going? I'm applying for a job where they want someone 4-5 days and I can do a maximum of 3. Not hopeful, but can't find any part time stuff to apply to.
Found another which was 3 days, but to start next month for 4 months and I can't get childcare that quickly for such a short stint. Sigh. I could cover 2 days, 2.5 at a push but not 3.

EssentialHummus Mon 21-Oct-19 14:28:54

Oh, no - I meant I'm literally a CV writer (as in, that's my job!). Good luck with it OP, it can be difficult to get back into the workplace but you sound like you have the right approach.

CVAdvice Mon 21-Oct-19 15:03:37

Oh, I see what you mean grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »