Talk

Advanced search

Do you reply to all texts from DP?

(11 Posts)
Shoxfordian Mon 21-Oct-19 14:38:10

Ugh sulking is so unattractive
Why are you staying with a sulker?

Mrsjayy Mon 21-Oct-19 14:35:18

It sounds too stressful is it a new relationship ? I really don't think i could be bothered with the stress of waiting on a reply like you are

Whattodoabout Mon 21-Oct-19 14:05:25

Moody git, I couldn’t stand that. He sounds like a stroppy teenager.

I reply to messages that warrant a response which isn’t all of them.

Flower777 Mon 21-Oct-19 12:56:04

My DH can be prolific with texts so I don’t reply to all of them. And sometimes ask him to stop!!!

I would hate the situation you describe here. It sounds really hard for you. I would not be able to be in a relationship like this myself.

myidentitymycrisis Mon 21-Oct-19 12:39:19

@Mrsjayy - my thoughts exactly, why would he be? I just have a feeling he is, but I will wait and see.

@RedskyToNight - I do have a certain level of anxiety so that could be playing into it, but I'm also thinking he is being ridiculous if my anxious antenna are right.

@mindutopia@P1nkHeartLovesCake@FadedRed
Thank you, I feel better that others agree it is not necessary to reply ad infinintum (in advance)

I suppose he could be thinking I should have thanked him, acknowledged the message, who knows? If I find out I will update.
True also that I could call him but I don't want

Mrsjayy Mon 21-Oct-19 12:18:12

Why would he be sulking your exchange was nice loving and civil nothing to sulk about Have you tried phoning him? Yes i usually reply to text when i see them.

FadedRed Mon 21-Oct-19 12:15:51

History of sulking on his part.
Is your DP a toddler. Sulking is tedious and controlling in an adult.

RedskyToNight Mon 21-Oct-19 12:14:50

I only reply to texts if they need an answer.

But equally I wouldn't assume that DP was sulking based on him not replying over a such a short time frame. I'd have assumed he was busy.

Your relationship sounds like hard work.

P1nkHeartLovesCake Mon 21-Oct-19 12:13:28

No I only reply if it’s the kind of message that needs a reply otherwise where would it stop?

mindutopia Mon 21-Oct-19 12:13:20

No, not unless it's urgent or requires a response. I can also go hours without even bothering to read the message. My dh knows if it's truly urgent to call or send another message and I would do the same.

I would think that anyone who sulks because you didn't reply in that situation (I can't even think what would need to be replied to...) doesn't sound like a pleasant person to be around. Maybe he's just busy or phone is dead or whateve.r

myidentitymycrisis Mon 21-Oct-19 12:11:00

I'm confused and completely open to the possibility
that I'm in the wrong here; please enlighten me.
Having lunch with my adult DC yesterday, and received an affectionate text from DP (LDR - we text and talk everyday). I replied nicely (used his pet name, signed off with kisses) that I was having lunch with DC. DP text back to say hi from him, which I did and thought no more of it. Later that evening I texted him to say hello, around the time we usually talk. No reply. I thought DP must have gone for an early night. This morning no contact from him. I am now starting to thinking he is sulking/ feeling injured. History of sulking on his part.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »