Talk

Advanced search

Do you reply to all texts from DP?

(11 Posts)
myidentitymycrisis Mon 21-Oct-19 12:11:00

I'm confused and completely open to the possibility
that I'm in the wrong here; please enlighten me.
Having lunch with my adult DC yesterday, and received an affectionate text from DP (LDR - we text and talk everyday). I replied nicely (used his pet name, signed off with kisses) that I was having lunch with DC. DP text back to say hi from him, which I did and thought no more of it. Later that evening I texted him to say hello, around the time we usually talk. No reply. I thought DP must have gone for an early night. This morning no contact from him. I am now starting to thinking he is sulking/ feeling injured. History of sulking on his part.

mindutopia Mon 21-Oct-19 12:13:20

No, not unless it's urgent or requires a response. I can also go hours without even bothering to read the message. My dh knows if it's truly urgent to call or send another message and I would do the same.

I would think that anyone who sulks because you didn't reply in that situation (I can't even think what would need to be replied to...) doesn't sound like a pleasant person to be around. Maybe he's just busy or phone is dead or whateve.r

P1nkHeartLovesCake Mon 21-Oct-19 12:13:28

No I only reply if it’s the kind of message that needs a reply otherwise where would it stop?

RedskyToNight Mon 21-Oct-19 12:14:50

I only reply to texts if they need an answer.

But equally I wouldn't assume that DP was sulking based on him not replying over a such a short time frame. I'd have assumed he was busy.

Your relationship sounds like hard work.

FadedRed Mon 21-Oct-19 12:15:51

History of sulking on his part.
Is your DP a toddler. Sulking is tedious and controlling in an adult.

Mrsjayy Mon 21-Oct-19 12:18:12

Why would he be sulking your exchange was nice loving and civil nothing to sulk about Have you tried phoning him? Yes i usually reply to text when i see them.

myidentitymycrisis Mon 21-Oct-19 12:39:19

@Mrsjayy - my thoughts exactly, why would he be? I just have a feeling he is, but I will wait and see.

@RedskyToNight - I do have a certain level of anxiety so that could be playing into it, but I'm also thinking he is being ridiculous if my anxious antenna are right.

@mindutopia@P1nkHeartLovesCake@FadedRed
Thank you, I feel better that others agree it is not necessary to reply ad infinintum (in advance)

I suppose he could be thinking I should have thanked him, acknowledged the message, who knows? If I find out I will update.
True also that I could call him but I don't want

Flower777 Mon 21-Oct-19 12:56:04

My DH can be prolific with texts so I don’t reply to all of them. And sometimes ask him to stop!!!

I would hate the situation you describe here. It sounds really hard for you. I would not be able to be in a relationship like this myself.

Whattodoabout Mon 21-Oct-19 14:05:25

Moody git, I couldn’t stand that. He sounds like a stroppy teenager.

I reply to messages that warrant a response which isn’t all of them.

Mrsjayy Mon 21-Oct-19 14:35:18

It sounds too stressful is it a new relationship ? I really don't think i could be bothered with the stress of waiting on a reply like you are

Shoxfordian Mon 21-Oct-19 14:38:10

Ugh sulking is so unattractive
Why are you staying with a sulker?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »