Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else had noro?

(10 Posts)
BarbedBloom Thu 24-Oct-19 00:54:32

It was 3 days for me. I just drank loads of water and made some mint tea to help with the cramps. I wanted lucozade but they only have the stuff with sweeteners and I can't drink it. Hope you feel better soon

Bunnylady53 Thu 24-Oct-19 00:49:48

Feeling so much better today, although still not eating as much as usual & for some reason I’ve gone right off alcohol. I was trying to cut down on my wine intake!
If DD & DH were going to get it, would it have happened by now? You’re infectious for a little while beforehand, aren’t you? Now I think back, I wasn’t feeling very well at the beginning of last week so that was probably building up to it.
I must admit I’m not as careful as some eg using separate towels etc, but I bleached the loo until I ran out & washed my hands loads.

custardbear Wed 23-Oct-19 08:32:46

Had it a few times over the last few years (work in a hospital building tho) it's grim, I recall vomiting in the sink whilst sitting on the toilet as it was Coming from both ends at the same time 🤢🤮 - but passes quickly -
Drink whatever sips of water you can - small
Sips and get sleep -
If you can keep to one bathroom and other family use a Different bathroom and wash all things you come in contact with and bleach the loo and sink if you're able to whenever you can - ventilate too if you can to get the bugs out of
The house

MsMustDoBetter Wed 23-Oct-19 08:28:26

Not yet, but it gets me every year.

There is nothing worse. Hope that you feel better soon.

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:21:55

My kids had it within 30 minutes of each other last week. I thought Dh and I would get it but we escaped. Since having it before though I am religious about hand washing and cover my face when clearing up children's puke. It's a really horrible little virus that has evolved to be as explosive as possible to spread itself, hence the sudden vomiting. When I had it before i thought I was dying.

Not as bad as food poisoning though.

BlouseAndSkirt Wed 23-Oct-19 08:17:55

“Doesn’t sound like the norovirus, just sounds like a stomach bug”

Noro is a stomach bug. One of the most common. confused

Bunnylady53 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:03:16

Wondering why some posts don’t get any responses

Bunnylady53 Mon 21-Oct-19 12:42:15

Anyone else out there?

Clangus00 Mon 21-Oct-19 11:14:58

Doesn’t sound like the norovirus, just sounds like a stomach bug.

Bunnylady53 Mon 21-Oct-19 11:11:43

I’m usually lucky & escape tummy bugs but there’s so much about at the moment & I fell ill on Friday night. I really think I have never felt so bad in my life. The stomach cramps alone are ridiculous! Luckily I was only sick once but everything else is horrendous. I think DD has had a milder version of this already but now hoping DH doesn’t get it. If you have it/have had it you have my sympathies. Will I start to feel a bit more human soon? I know it’s partly because I haven’t eaten since Friday lunchtime. Might risk a slice of dry toast today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »