Talk

Advanced search

Old records - are they worth anything?

(5 Posts)
itreallyisanicefence Mon 21-Oct-19 09:12:40

I've obtained some old records - mostly classical. Was thinking of either donating to charity or selling at car boot. Assumed they wouldn't be worth much but thought I'd best check! Don't know if some people collect them?

itreallyisanicefence Mon 21-Oct-19 16:59:45

🎵

ILikeMyCoffee Mon 21-Oct-19 18:01:35

Records can be highly sought after. Type them into Ebay and then select completed listings to see what they sell for. Some classical records have been known to sell for £3k - £4K each! Remember that condition is key though, if you are intending to eBay them.
Or google used record shops in your area as most will buy your collection. They won’t tell you if there’s something valuable in there though!

inwood Mon 21-Oct-19 18:08:06

We sold mils Beatles records at her request to a local independent record shop. She got £500 and most of them had water damage to the jackets.

Car boot will get pennies. I'd get them appraised properly just in case. Vinyl is very much back en vogue but not sure about classical.

itreallyisanicefence Mon 21-Oct-19 18:21:13

Good to know, thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »