Talk

Advanced search

Halp! Nausea and burping remedies

(9 Posts)
Fuddlestix Sat 19-Oct-19 23:14:46

Has anyone had symptoms of trapped gas making them nauseous? When I throw up I let out so many burps. I feel like the trapped air is making the sickness worse, like a vicious cycle. I can't get the air out any other way other than throwing up.I've tried Rennie's but they don't do anything. I'm only 8weeks and feel like it's too early to moan because I know it gets worse in the third trimester. But if anyone has any remedies for this volcano in my body please tell meeee. I want to burp without wretching

PoptartPoptart Sat 19-Oct-19 23:45:45

Eat little and often, no big meals.
A bottle of Gaviscon is your friend. When I was pregnant with DS I went to a few NCT classes and I’ve never seen so many pink bottles being swigged 😂

Fuddlestix Sun 20-Oct-19 07:10:37

Haha I'll give it a go. Thank you. I'm willing to swig anything at this point. My hour commute to work is torture, holding in the vom is awful

VanillaSugarr Sun 20-Oct-19 07:16:16

For some reason, I always had to get out at Gloucester Road Tube Station and be sick there.

I didn’t get on with Gaviscon. Ask your midwife if Rennies will be OK. Avoid all citrus, no orange juice , bin the underwired bras and eat very small meals. Soup is good.

Fuddlestix Sun 20-Oct-19 08:30:13

I'm currently on Rennie's, they don't seem to be doing anything 😭. I'm struggling with anything that's not fizzy liquid. I can see soup reacting badly with my gut, it only gets so far, like there's a blockage and I erupt in pathetic burps, unable to get a nice big one out to relieve the discomfort.
I'll definitely give the citrus a miss though thank you x

FaithInfinity Sun 20-Oct-19 08:31:50

Go to your GP. You’re better off with a preventative treatment like Omeprazole on a regular basis but they may well want to investigate these symptoms.

PoptartPoptart Sun 20-Oct-19 10:45:28

I’m not sure you can take omeprazole when pregnant? Although I could be wrong.
If these symptoms have only started since becoming pregnant op then I wouldn’t imagine it’s anything more sinister than good old fashioned morning sickness. It’s horrible, but hopefully short lived.
Congratulations by the way!

FaithInfinity Sun 20-Oct-19 20:49:35

Quick google suggests it is okay but it’s definitely worth discussing with your GP.

Fuddlestix Mon 21-Oct-19 16:58:08

Thank you ladies. Hopefully it is only short lived. I'll ask about the omeprazole. I love Mumsnet, you're all so helpful and have great advice. I can see myself scrolling through this over the next few months

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »