Talk

Advanced search

My house isn’t a ‘real’ house and my toilet isn’t a ‘proper’ toilet !

(114 Posts)
ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 08:54:58

According to my DM ......

I have a council house and a secure lifetime tenancy, according to her this still isn’t a ‘real’ house not like dsis flat as she has a mortgage .......

Dsis has 2 REAL PLUMBED in toilets and my second one is a macerator so it’s not a proper toilet

And best of all my dh who works full time ........ his job ‘isn’t as good or important’ as bil job because .....
Bil wears a suit to work 🤣🤣🤣

I give up I don’t know whether to laugh or cry

Mollpop Sat 19-Oct-19 09:26:35

Don't let it get to you. She sounds insecure and a snob

FredaFrogspawn Sat 19-Oct-19 09:26:43

Tell her your sister also has a proper mum who supports her but sadly you don’t.

TheFaerieQueene Sat 19-Oct-19 09:27:40

Imagine going through life with such ridiculous ideas.

MsTSwift Sat 19-Oct-19 09:27:59

She’s right about the loo though no good can come of a macerator loo <shudder>

cheeseislife8 Sat 19-Oct-19 09:28:13

She sounds batshit!

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:29:18

It’s been ok so far, we just have a rule that it’s only for 1 thing not the other !! No issues at all. So maybe she’s partly right as we don’t use it for all we could 🤣🤣

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Sat 19-Oct-19 09:31:56

Your Mum is Hyacinth Bucket?

I sometimes wonder if Snob stands for Stupid, Nasty Old Bastard

Trills Sat 19-Oct-19 09:33:16

A loo that you can't poo in is not a proper loo. Glad you have accepted this.

SchadenfreudePersonified Sat 19-Oct-19 09:36:32

You swine Chaz - I wanted to accuse OP's mother of being Hyacinth Bucket, and you've beaten me to it and spoiled my entire day!

grin

GooseFeather Sat 19-Oct-19 09:37:12

A macerator basically chops up the poo and paper, and liquidises it, then pumps it away to a soil pipe on another wall. They can be noisy, but allow people to have a loo in a location where it would not otherwise be possible. It is an additional unit behind a normal loo, so no idea where she has got the batshit idea that it is not a proper loo from.

Rock4please Sat 19-Oct-19 09:39:47

Well she wouldn't approve of my family then. We live on a large council estate called the Barbican and have a macerator (work of the devil)grin

Mumoftwoyoungkids Sat 19-Oct-19 09:40:20

My friend’s husband is a paediatric heart surgeon. He doesn’t wear a suit to work. His job is a teeny bit important though.....

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:40:25

She does partly have a point I guess with the toilet. I’m sure they work for some people but anyone with boys wouldn’t risk it. My dds I’m sore would be fine but I’ve been confronted by what looks like a felled oak trunk too many times and there’s no way I’d let teenage ds use that toilet 🤣 so I’ll
Give her that one maybe it’s not a proper one 🤣🤣

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:40:43

*sure

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:42:32

The suit issue she honestly thinks if dh ‘made an effort’ and wore a suit his boss would ‘be impressed’

I’m pretty sure he would turn round to him and say how the f are you meant to do your job in that !!! (manual work def 100% not a job to do wearing a suit !!!!!)

Cuddlysnowleopard Sat 19-Oct-19 09:44:46

The only people I know who wear suits are estate agents and middle management. Anyone more senior wears trousers and an open shirt.

Went for a coffee with a friend who is a very very senior judge - he was wearing trousers and a jumper.

Cuddlysnowleopard Sat 19-Oct-19 09:47:08

Watching the English by Kate Fox will explain all of this in detail. Fascinating book.

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Sat 19-Oct-19 09:47:14

Schadenfreude
I couldn’t resist the urge...Sorry
grin

cometothinkofit Sat 19-Oct-19 09:49:21

Is her name Hyacinth? Someone go there before me! grin

So she married above her social class did she?

Tell her she must have married for money rather than love, then.

LollyBeebee123 Sat 19-Oct-19 09:50:12

Tell her she’s a snob and you’re happy with your life and make no other comment. That’ll bug her.

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:50:38

She actually did and freely admits it! That’s why she has a real house apparently

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:53:08

No wonder it didn’t last long she got her house had a couple of dc and got rid of him and got herself a house In a nice mc location and all bills paid for a long time !

The one of her daughters humiliated her with a teenage pregnancy and a partner from a lower class 🤣
She always asks me ‘what on EARTH did you see in him ‘ like I was meant to ask for his last 6 months of bank statements and for proof of his family wealth status before going on a date

NettleTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:53:26

she would have a fit at my friend who lives in a yurt and has a composting toilet

fargo123 Sat 19-Oct-19 09:54:59

I can't say I've ever seen Mark Zuckerberg wearing a suit, but his little Facebook company seems to be doing alright for itself.....

EmmiJay Sat 19-Oct-19 09:55:54

I read some of these threads and can't believe mothers and fathers actually fix their mouths to say things like this to their own children. Mines have never and I'd be shocked if they ever did!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »