Talk

Advanced search

My house isn’t a ‘real’ house and my toilet isn’t a ‘proper’ toilet !

(114 Posts)
ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 08:54:58

According to my DM ......

I have a council house and a secure lifetime tenancy, according to her this still isn’t a ‘real’ house not like dsis flat as she has a mortgage .......

Dsis has 2 REAL PLUMBED in toilets and my second one is a macerator so it’s not a proper toilet

And best of all my dh who works full time ........ his job ‘isn’t as good or important’ as bil job because .....
Bil wears a suit to work 🤣🤣🤣

I give up I don’t know whether to laugh or cry

ChocAuVin Sat 19-Oct-19 08:56:50

Oh dear! Feel a bit sorry for her... smile and wave...

💅🏼

Namechangeforthiscancershit Sat 19-Oct-19 08:57:33

She can come back when she can make a "proper" comment grin

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 08:57:36

I was a little offended at first but she’s almost becoming like a character from little Britain with some of her ‘opinions’

Namechangeforthiscancershit Sat 19-Oct-19 08:58:17

Does she live in a castle and run the Treasury?

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 08:58:43

The suit one made me laugh she said it like dh is making a choice rather than wearing his actual work uniform !

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:00:56

No no she lives in a house which she owns !! She reminds me of this a lot

She also told me how she married ‘above her social class’ and ‘expected ALL of her children to do the same’ 🤣

Milkywayfan Sat 19-Oct-19 09:01:22

Obviously she is bonkers and fortunately you have kept your sense of humour. Or more frivolously I have friend who runs large company and makes a lot of dosh and never wears a suit either because tech. You can ask DM whether he doesn’t have a proper job either smilegrin

Wallywobbles Sat 19-Oct-19 09:02:33

And you'll get to choose her proper home in the end. Last laughs on you I'd say.

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:02:54

It just makes me laugh how uptight she is about it all!

LightandShadowsByTurn Sat 19-Oct-19 09:03:34

My sister once told me, my DC christening would not be a proper christening as it was to be held in a centre on a council estate!

It was a church, not one with a spire but still a church and yes it was on an estate but I did not realise that made it any less of a church.

Camomila Sat 19-Oct-19 09:04:16

I thought this was going to be a toddler!
When he was younger he'd get a bit confused when houses/flats weren't red and brick coloured. He argue they were all offices and hospitals.

MrsMozartMkII Sat 19-Oct-19 09:06:37

Laugh.

Definitely just laugh or you'll go bonkers. I know she's you're mum, but she's barking.

TheSecretJeven Sat 19-Oct-19 09:07:43

Sorry but your DM sounds batshit.

TottieandMarchpane Sat 19-Oct-19 09:08:46

I’d go and use her “real” loo six times a day, on account of yours being ersatz.

Maybe take baths there and cook in her (real) kitchen too.

ClemDanFango Sat 19-Oct-19 09:10:33

Tell her she can’t use the toilet because as she’s says, it’s not real and she’ll have to hold it until she gets home.

YobaOljazUwaque Sat 19-Oct-19 09:11:24

Sounds like she's not a 'proper' mum, with such unloving attitudes. Happily, you do not need her good opinion in order the thrive. You are doing fine, and do not need to give her opportunities to do you down.

DontCallMeShitley Sat 19-Oct-19 09:12:15

Is her name Hyacinth?

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:14:34

When she occasionally visits she will only use the upstairs one !!!!
But she rarely comes round I think she may be .....embarrassed 🤣

MysweetAudrina Sat 19-Oct-19 09:18:03

I have never heard the word macerator before can someone tell me what it is? Btw I have 3 toilets in my house but despite this obvious superiority I have gotten to 45 without ever hearing that word.

KUGA Sat 19-Oct-19 09:19:06

Sadly she doesn`t live in the real world and she needs to know it lol

ChocoIateandTea Sat 19-Oct-19 09:19:33

Like a saniflo toilet really it just can be put anywhere I think

minipie Sat 19-Oct-19 09:22:13

Ha I thought this was going to be a comment made by a 5 year old on a playdate. It’s about that level of maturity and tact.

Trills Sat 19-Oct-19 09:23:46

A council house (or even a rented house!) is a real house but a macerator is definitely not a proper toilet.

EleanorReally Sat 19-Oct-19 09:25:35

agree, she is not proper mum if she doesnt support your lifestyle

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »