Talk

Advanced search

A man just tried to kick our front door in

(39 Posts)
32flavours Sat 19-Oct-19 03:42:44

Woke up to banging and shouting and realised there was a man outside booting our front door. I’ve never been so scared, I thought he was actually going to get in. I have a toddler and am heavily pregnant. I called the police and they came quite quickly, he’d conveniently moved on by then. I’m still shaking though, I don’t really know my I’m posting, I’m just too shaken up to sleep.

Greatnorthwoods Sat 19-Oct-19 03:44:59

A scary moment, but he was probably drunk or on drugs.

ConstanzaAndSalieri Sat 19-Oct-19 03:46:57

You poor thing.

Off his head and got the wrong house but that’s going to leave you very shaken. I’m sorry.

32flavours Sat 19-Oct-19 03:50:51

Yes that’s what the police said. I apologised for possibly wasting their time, I really thought he was going to get in though. They were really nice about it and said I did the right thing.

Rocaille Sat 19-Oct-19 03:54:15

Oh my, that sounds really scary. I'm not surprised you're been feeling too shaken to sleep.

How are you feeling now? Are you by yourself or is there someone else there with you (apart from your toddler)?

fazakerleyjackie Sat 19-Oct-19 03:55:02

That must have been so scary. You did the right thing calling the police.
Don't think you are wasting their time, not a bit of it.
Hope you are ok as can be. flowers

32flavours Sat 19-Oct-19 03:59:28

Thank you, I’m starting to calm down now. My dp is here too, but us both being female left us feeling quite vulnerable. He was just so so aggressive, I think that’s why I was so freaked out.

HelC46 Sat 19-Oct-19 04:03:49

That's awful, very scary. You were right to call police. They are probably keeping an eye out for him in case he causes trouble elsewhere, he is obviously not sober.

Rocaille Sat 19-Oct-19 04:08:31

Yes, of course - the situation you've described would freak anyone out - it sounds horrible!

It's truly scary how aggressive some men can be. I can't imagine what kind of entitled loser crashes around in the middle of the night like that, causing alarm to good people who are just trying to sleep.

Do think you'll be able to bed down and get some sleep? If you can't and want to talk, I'm up.

Rocaille Sat 19-Oct-19 04:09:12

Sorry - typos!

Raphael34 Sat 19-Oct-19 04:12:28

You’re not wasting police time. That must have been terrifying

fazakerleyjackie Sat 19-Oct-19 04:17:15

Good that your partner is with you. Cup of tea and a hug I reckon. I detest drunk shouty aggressive men like that, I live near a pub so it gets a bit fraught round here now and then. Usually find bottles in the hedge next morning. Grrr. Couple of weeks ago someone left a pair of Adidas trainers on the path, mind boggles!

I was up because someone's alarm was going off- but seems sorted now.
I'm so glad the police turned up fairly quickly for you. They will no doubt find the eejit carrying on somewhere else. If he is missing a pair of trainers then you possibly live near me!
Have a snuggle up together, it will be ok now I think smile

32flavours Sat 19-Oct-19 04:19:48

Thank you Rocaille, I hope so, got a busy day tomorrow. I’m just glad he didn’t wake my ds, he would have been very scared. I think I’ll be obsessively checking that our front door is locked every night now.

32flavours Sat 19-Oct-19 04:22:40

Thanks fazakerleyjackie, your post made me laugh which is much appreciated tonight!

Rocaille Sat 19-Oct-19 04:26:17

Yes, it sounds as though you have a good, strong front door that stood up to his stupid, thoughtless shenanigans.

Hope you can get some rest before DS wakes up. If not, we're here to keep you company.

Sleep well. x

fazakerleyjackie Sat 19-Oct-19 04:29:52

You are very welcome 32, the good thing about MN is there is always someone about on here if you need to shout up.
Good front door you have there! Give it a check over in the morning maybe get a strong chain on it also, extra bolt, peace of mind and all that.
Hope you manage a little sleep, glad ds slept through it. Take care you.

tillytrotter1 Sat 19-Oct-19 04:34:33

Not scary enough to keep you off t'internet though!

fazakerleyjackie Sat 19-Oct-19 04:37:14

Have you lost a pair of training shoes tilly?

KatherineJaneway Sat 19-Oct-19 04:51:27

Must have been very frightening, glad you've got a strong front door op.

FridalovesDiego Sat 19-Oct-19 05:08:49

It is not a waste of police time. At all. Hope you feel better.

EileenAlanna Sat 19-Oct-19 06:00:46

You did absolutely the right thing in calling the police. Hope you & your DP are feeling a bit better now. Yes, it's scary so don't feel bad about it. Agree with the other pp - a nice cup of tea & a cuddle will do a world of good. Sleep tight both of you x.

MrsMozartMkII Sat 19-Oct-19 06:15:49

Scary indeed lass.

Hope you wake up feeling okay today.

smemorata Sat 19-Oct-19 06:17:54

You definitely did the right thing! Hope you managed to get back to sleep.

dottiedodah Sat 19-Oct-19 06:44:01

Firstly what a terrible ordeal for you both .Never feel worried about calling the police though .Thats just the situation they are there for surely? As above poster said ,have a cuddle and a nice cup of tea.

32flavours Sat 19-Oct-19 08:00:02

Thanks everyone, I managed to get asleep eventually. My lo was nice enough not to wake up until 7am. We’re definitely going to invest in a chain for the door.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »