Talk

Advanced search

I found a shopping list! It’s a good one- with something to solve!

(50 Posts)
Kenworthington Fri 18-Oct-19 14:59:44

come on then, what’s she/he sorry about???

ErrolTheDragon Fri 18-Oct-19 15:01:34

Maybe the list was written for someone else, who for some reason can't eat processed meats?

AlbertWinestein Fri 18-Oct-19 15:02:39

Apparently she’s sorry she has ham and salami, which is a weird thing to be sorry about.

Bunnybigears Fri 18-Oct-19 15:02:56

Maybe the shopper is vegetarian and the list writer is apologising for making them buy meat. There is no meat in the right hand column.

Claphands Fri 18-Oct-19 15:04:05

Flat mate is vegan

wowfudge Fri 18-Oct-19 15:04:26

Given that's a page from an order book, I'd say those are supplies needed for a cafe/sandwich shop.

There's no mystery.

Kenworthington Fri 18-Oct-19 15:04:42

Yes although- she’s written she HaS it which is weird. Who writes a list with have and need??!!

wowfudge Fri 18-Oct-19 15:06:51

I reckon the person going shopping was erroneously told some things were needed which in fact they have or the list writer is apologising for needing so many basics at the eleventh hour.

KickAssAngel Fri 18-Oct-19 15:07:58

What's the heading of the left side?

antisupermum Fri 18-Oct-19 15:09:51

Perhaps they are writing what they HAVE at an earlier stage of the day, and then meal plan around it i.e. I HAVE man & salami so I NEED to get peppers, mushrooms, bread, cheese etc so that I can make some nice sandwiches...

antisupermum Fri 18-Oct-19 15:10:23

Maybe they are sorry that Ham & Salami is all they have to plan around?

Kenworthington Fri 18-Oct-19 15:11:33

@wowfudge it can’t be a terribly BUsY cafe if that’s all they need!

elizabethdraper Fri 18-Oct-19 15:12:11

There are sausages and rashers on the right hand side - unless she mean vegetarian omes

RomaineCalm Fri 18-Oct-19 15:13:00

I read the left hand header as 'HANG' - an instruction for a deli owner to hang up the ham and salami (sorry!).

And who just buys a singular mushroom?

ClashCityRocker Fri 18-Oct-19 15:17:16

I think they were maybe sausage rolls?

After the pasties

Some sort of party maybe, and the writer of the list is sorry because they have only managed to get pepperoni and ham?

BIWI Fri 18-Oct-19 15:19:55

I think they've asked a friend to nip to the shops for 'a couple of bits' but then realised they needed quite a bit. The apology is for asking them to buy so much.

Thetruth02 Fri 18-Oct-19 15:24:01

But what are “both” types of toastie?

wowfudge Fri 18-Oct-19 15:24:01

It's additional stock needed. We've no idea of quantities. The columns are Have and Need.

wowfudge Fri 18-Oct-19 15:24:37

Both - white and brown Warburton's toastie loaves.

AlunWynsKnee Fri 18-Oct-19 15:24:46

They definitely need the things in the right hand column. They have the items on the left and the shopper has to come up with additional purchases to make the haves into meals. It's not much to work with so the list writer is apologising to the shopper.

Peakypolly Fri 18-Oct-19 15:25:01

I think they are reminding themselves that, when buying this weeks supplies, they need to apologise for their appalling behaviour at the butchers counter in Waitrose last week...

user1573334 Fri 18-Oct-19 15:25:17

Agree it looks like deli supplied, a ham and salami are probably whole cut heavy items and they are apologising for that? I don't think it says have and need, I think it's the name of the shops.

LifeSpectator Fri 18-Oct-19 15:30:39

to me thats clearly a party food list, 2 brown and white loaves, sausage rolls and pastries and cakes, they have the meat for sandwich fillings..but is it toasties (both_ at start or am i misreading ? and teacloths makes me think its their own list youd hardly ask someone to pick you up teacloths without specifying how many..unless its say a parish cafe etc

so the sory!!!! id say its because its all hame and salami sandwiches to use up whats there , not the cucumber or banana the consumers may prefer

GreyHare Fri 18-Oct-19 15:36:38

It must be from a cafe/tearoom and maybe the shoppee fancies the butcher and the writee is sorry because they have the cold meats so no need to go perv on the butcher.

Katinski Fri 18-Oct-19 15:37:25

Teacloths?
That item under milk?
If she's really written teacloths, her shopping list(and mind) is as random as mine.
So, as no-one else has commented on it, wtf is it, please?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »