Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs - I thought it was to be kept within my marriage

(171 Posts)
BathshebaKnickerStickers Thu 17-Oct-19 17:09:59

My family are currently at Center Parcs because we are Scottish, on holiday and we come every year.

Dd ages 15 and add age 13 and I went to the pool at Center Parcs at the busiest time of the week and we are somewhat regretting this choice. It was like people soup, and I have seen every body shape imaginable today ( and honestly no-one cares I know, I cart this awful body around). Anyway, the rapids are our favourite, however it’s possible to get stuck at various points ( we give them names - The pool of unbearable sadness, Dumpy Mermaid gulch, the eddy of despair etc) and at those points it’s possible to get split up from your own friends and family and end up engulfed in the arms and legs of other parties....suffice to say, what happens at Center Parcs stays at Center Parcs, and I suspect some lovely young mid twenties boys who go to the gym may have been turned off women for life.....

I knew that a certain amount of specific intimacy is expected at Center Parcs, however I thought it was supposed to be with my husband and not some student boys from Stafford in the rapids....

RightOnTheEdge Thu 17-Oct-19 17:14:19

I don't really know how to reply to that OP. I just wanted to say that you are funny and it made me laugh grin

Marmite27 Thu 17-Oct-19 17:15:29

Exactly why I avoid the rapids grin

Huntlybyelection Thu 17-Oct-19 17:15:43

Sounds like a lovely way to make new friends. Not necessarily long lasting but certainly memorable.

Marmite27 Thu 17-Oct-19 17:17:07

Also saw a woman come off then the week before last with her assists hanging out <full nip> and it wasn’t a skimpy costume to start with blush

ClemDanFango Thu 17-Oct-19 17:18:05

“Dumpy mermaid gulch” sounds almost poetic.

ThisLittlePiggyWentTo Thu 17-Oct-19 17:18:14

This made me laugh. I have ended up in some poor guys lap a few times there and had many a boob accidentally unveiled near me. So much inappropriate touching too.

wheretoyougonow Thu 17-Oct-19 17:19:57

Sorry, I got stuck at your first sentence. Is Centre Parcs compulsory if you are Scottish gringrin

cardamoncoffee Thu 17-Oct-19 17:23:33

Maybe that is why CP is so expensive? It's an undercover swingers venue... "Meet you at the Dumpy Mermaid Gulch" wink wink

Haven et al is for the pearl clutchers and bosom hoikers.

Rubychard Thu 17-Oct-19 17:27:42

It does have to be said I have <accidentally> flashed my boobs at centre Paris totally unintentionally as part of a wardrobe malfunction.

New swimsuit purchased at hideous cost from onsite shop.

CarolDanvers Thu 17-Oct-19 17:28:26

It's all about timing on The Rapids. I send my children down first and countdown a good five to ten seconds before I lower my bulk in. This has ensured I am only ever cushioned by my own dear children at various intervals on the circuit. It's an expensive mini break, is CP, sadly my children are not in a position to pay their share, so controlling their mother's progress down the rapids is their contribution. I only ever go on three times anyway and then retire to our cabana with my kindle.

ilovetofu Thu 17-Oct-19 17:31:11

Isn't there a whole thread on here somewhere about "going to Centreparcs" ???🤣🤣🤣

SleepyKat Thu 17-Oct-19 17:31:54

My favourite thing about CP. grin

Dh found a chicken fillet/bra insert in the bottom pool once. Pretended it was a fish and was flapping it at the kids who were squealing. Life guard wasn’t impressed.

crustycrab Thu 17-Oct-19 17:40:54

😂 love it. We're at Center Parcs because we are Scottish grin

VisionQuest Thu 17-Oct-19 17:43:39

Hehe yes I've had many an embarrassing moment on the rapids.

Including being sucked back around a particular corner for well over 5 mins ad the rest of our party floated away into the distance, ramming my toes into some poor unsuspecting mans back and half drowning a child as I flailed about trying to save myself.

Gazelda Thu 17-Oct-19 17:52:02

I've never been to Center Parcs 😢
But I've accidentally had a wardrobe malfunction in the pool at Stevenage.

Pandaintheporridge Thu 17-Oct-19 17:59:08

I've never seen this in the centreparcs tv adverts!

bananaskinsnomnom Thu 17-Oct-19 18:06:39

One of my most haunting memories......all control lost......hurdling round that last corner bend of the rapids......and there ahead of me, the man with more body hair then I ever thought possible, desperately trying to haul his shorts that little bit further up his backside.....
Escape was now impossible. I turned myself as much as I could to avoid a face full our backsides met each other, and I felt the hairy back against mine.....and down we went into the pool. My innocence was gone.

BathshebaKnickerStickers Thu 17-Oct-19 18:08:43

Maybe they could make it a selling point....

Charge more for potential intimacy with strangers.

My cousin is also Scottish. She is also at Center Parcs albeit a different one to me

BathshebaKnickerStickers Thu 17-Oct-19 18:10:41

Center Parcs Russian Roulette....

Could be a lovely young man.... or another mummy....if it helps, you never need see them again

JulietTango Thu 17-Oct-19 18:11:34

Ok, now i have to know which centre parks you're at?grin

BathshebaKnickerStickers Thu 17-Oct-19 18:13:56

@JulietTang - I’m at Elveden, my cousin is at Sherwood

movehimintothesun Thu 17-Oct-19 18:15:29

We went to centre parcs earlier this year. We set off down the rapids as a family of 4. But as you say, it's easy to get separated and out of control.....

My DH collided with a slightly larger lady in front, who was quite apparently already having a VERY BAD TIME going down the fast section, and spun her round so she was now head first and backwards. My DD's then caught up with her and had to dive underneath to avoid a collision. Which left me, following behind, and rapidly gaining on this poor lady, who was now legs in the air like a drowning turtle, with me headed with horrible inevitably towards her gusset.....

When we reached the bottom pool, I'm really not sure who was most traumatised 😬😂.

MaureenSowerbutts Thu 17-Oct-19 18:17:07

I'm off to CP on a Monday. Whenever on the rapids I always end up crashing arse first into a man with too much body hair!

Soubriquet Thu 17-Oct-19 18:18:01

Could be worse...

I was at butlins doing the foot shredder pirates climb over the children’s pool.

A man in front of me...he really needed to get new swim shorts.

At one point I had a perfectly good view of his bare arse.

He was constantly pulling them up and because it wasn’t wide enough to pass by him...and dd wasn’t quick enough to keep going in front, I had to view his hairy arse for 15 freaking mins

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »