Talk

Advanced search

Shittest thing someone has ever done to you

(114 Posts)
madcatladyforever Wed 16-Oct-19 19:00:45

Well probably not the shittiest but some people have such low social skills you wonder how they get through life.
I was in labour in hospital with DS and exH got a phonecall from one of his university friends a woman called Louise, I knew her, she was an idiot so I didn't maintain contact.
ExH took the call and told her I was having the baby and she said can I stay at yours tonight as I'm in the area and haven't got anywhere to say.
Of course the idiot said oh ok instead of it's not convenient today.
Anyway off he went to pick her up from the station and didn't drop her off at our house he brought to her to the fecking hospital.
There I was in labour in agony having been induced and they are on the labour ward asking me stupid questions and talking about university.
Finally I said can you please fuck off now Louise as I'm clearly not in the mood for your banal chit chat and I just want to be alone with my husband for obvious reasons, she started crying and exH said look you've upset her now and they both went off only for him to reappear 24 hours later after the birth to tell me off for being so nasty to her that she had gone back home again [:-s]
I mentioned that he now and father and would he like to see his son, he took a look and pissed off again.
Not surprisingly we divorced very shortly after.

Bargebill19 Wed 16-Oct-19 20:49:21

My mother told me the reason I had five miscarriage in a row, was because I wasn’t married to my partner.
We don’t have children, 30 years later my partner and I are still together, not married.
The witch died alone.

username578999 Wed 16-Oct-19 21:03:52

My NDN hated me still does , think because I told her darling shit son off for throwing a ball at my window . Anyway lots of intimidation followed which I admit I reacted to basically telling her where to go . Anyway one day her dh spoke to my dh who was very timid and said I said something about her ds eyes apparently he'd had a eye operation not long ago not that I knew about that nor did I know anything about his eyes so why would I comment on the little sods eyes . It infuriated me I hate liars and that they would make something up that I said about a child.
Also my dad we are nc told lies about my in-laws they are basically the nicest people you could meet and because he can't handle that he has no control over me will lie and what disappoints me more he knows the trouble I had my NDN but he's so much worse also has sent the nastiest messages to me things like I'm the devil .hmm

Aposterhasnoname Wed 16-Oct-19 21:04:35

First husband left me in a lot of debt, and took everything we owned, I was in a low paid job at the time. I struggled and scrimped to afford to rent a little house then spent a couple of years gradually decorating and furnishing it. I managed to pay my debts off and although I struggled, I was managing.

Had been seeing a bloke for around 18 months and he begged me to move in with him. Literally begged. He bought a lovely house, which needed some work so he moved in with me while it was being done. All his money was going on the house so I pretty much supported him. At one point he lost his job, and was terrified of losing his home. I told him not to worry, that while ever I had a home, he did too.

After more begging I agreed to move in with him when the house was done. We booked our wedding and I bought my wedding dress and arranged a huge hen party. I took out a loan for this, but it wasn’t a problem as we were having all new things for the new house, so I was gradually selling my furniture.

Five weeks after I moved in, after giving up my home, selling or giving away everything I owned and taking out a loan to pay for the wedding he announced he didn't love me anymore as I was fat. He wanted “space’ and chucked me onto the streets that same day.

I’d worked my arse off for two years to get back on my feet, most of which he watched me do, and he sent me back to square one in just five weeks.

Actually the worst part is that there wasn’t even another woman as such. He’d got a new job with a prestigious company and decided that he needed a better girlfriend to fit in with his new mates, and needed to be free to go out and find one.

BrassTactical Wed 16-Oct-19 21:11:16

Best friend (I thought) told my (now ex DH) everything I had told her during a tricky part of my marriage and then convinced me he was mentally ill, a danger to my children and only knew things he couldn’t have known as he had set up bugs, trackers and cameras in my home. Sent me absolutely into mental breakdown.

Found out later they were having an emotional affair.

He’s told me since if I apologise to her for being angry she’ll be my friend again. I haven’t funnily enough.

LightandShadowsByTurn Wed 16-Oct-19 21:30:28

* Aposterhasnoname*

What a total cunt

MangoSalsa Wed 16-Oct-19 21:34:24

My dad got remarried on my 13th birthday and sent me a bit of cake through the post.

He’d been out of my life for years and went bankrupt in order to avoid child maintenance/divorce settlement (whilst hiding money with his family).

All round top bloke!

RueCambon Wed 16-Oct-19 21:35:03

MangoSalsa Wed 16-Oct-19 21:36:12

Oh, and his bankruptcy made me and my mum homeless (I try to forget that).

Aposterhasnoname Wed 16-Oct-19 21:40:59

LightandShadowsByTurn

Yes, he was.

Lisette1940 Wed 16-Oct-19 21:45:19

My parents have a bad marriage but back each other up when not fighting. They were staying with us when I had to put boundaries up about their poor behaviour in our home. They decided to pack up, walk out and fly home. But not before walking past me to shake my husband's hand one after the other (husband tried to resist) and then stomping out. Said not a word to me nor did they look at me. That was almost four years ago. Not heard from them since.

Lisette1940 Wed 16-Oct-19 21:47:53

Blissful peace without them ☺️

quincejamplease Wed 16-Oct-19 21:54:20

Trafficked me.

StCharlotte Wed 16-Oct-19 21:54:42

My sister kindly drove across-country to take me for a scan when my (only) pregnancy ended in a miscarriage after three years TTC. Out of gratitude I took her for lunch, during which she announced her daughter's third pregnancy. "It wasn't planned", like that made it better.

She was a funny old stick and to this day I don't know if she was being malicious. But it was certainly shitty.

Spied Wed 16-Oct-19 21:55:32

Years ago ( DC are 10&8 now) DC's nursery accused me of turning up to pick up DC DRUNK and refused to allow me to take my DC home ( they called dp who had to leave work). We we're astounded. We we're also looking for another nursery at the time too as we weren't very keen on some of the staff and didn't think it was what we wanted for our dc.
As a result a family worker came to visit us at home. I was absolutely mortified.
Family worker was happy my children were safe and very well looked after.
No idea where the drunk idea came from.
I used to plan in my head how I would get my revenge. Turns out I didn't need to as not long after the place was investigated and temporarily closed due to safety breeches and amendments.
( I often wonder who raised concernshmm)

StCharlotte Wed 16-Oct-19 21:55:40

54quincejamplease

shock ??

TigerJoy Wed 16-Oct-19 22:14:22

Omg @madcatlady that is truly bananas! Were they having an affair or was it really just poor social skills?

Hugs to everyone that's posted here

Here's a silly one - when I was 15 I really fancied a boy at school - had a massive crush on him and we were friends too, so I knew him pretty well. Told all to my best friend, talked about him for weeks. She didn't really know him well. Anyway come valentine's day our school had a stupid card thing and I spent ages talking to said best friend about whether I should send him something - she said no, find the right time to talk to him but don't do it before Valentine's day or he'll get spooked, think you want to be his girlfriend for v day, leave it til after. Then she went and sent him a bloody card asking him out! And they went out for months! And she acted like she'd done nothing wrong - I think she actually said "all's fair in love and war" to which I said "WE ARE 15!!!!"

On a more general note she and other friends also had this strange habit as teens that when we went out at the weekend, if they found someone they wanted to cop off with, they would just go. I never did this, wasn't interested in casual sex. I had many miserable evenings as a teenager suddenly realising my last friend who had "gone to the loo" wasn't coming back and making my own way home. This was pre-mobiles. Sometimes it happened even if I was supposed to be staying at one of their houses - it's how I ended up getting sexually assaulted, went clubbing, one by one my friends paired off until finally the girl I was supposed to be staying with copped off with someone leaving me with his friend. I had nowhere to go but his room - wasn't a good idea.

One time I was single and very interested in a bloke at a party, other friend (who had a boyfriend) wouldn't leave us alone or get the hints I kept dropping. I finally snogged him while she was there, hoping she'd finally get the hint and toddle off and she JOINED IN. I left them to it.

It all led me to believe that women are heartless when it comes to men and sex and will screw you over the deepest friendships at the first opportunity for a bit of male attention / validation

JonnyPocketRocket Wed 16-Oct-19 22:27:09

Spent a lovely holiday with ex-fiancee, we went to look at a plot of land together with a view to buying it and building a house on it, made plans for the future etc. Two days after we went back to our respective homes (we didn't live together) he emailed saying "I think it would be better if we were just friends". No explanation, nothing.
I'm now very happily married to someone else for over a decade but I'm still bewildered and hurt when I think of it, just because it came so out of the blue and I never found out why and because who breaks off an engagement with a one line email ffs?!

DuMondeB Wed 16-Oct-19 22:39:43

My dad has been telling me he has six months to live since I was 11.

I turn 43 next week.

Longlongsummer Wed 16-Oct-19 22:39:56

My father for totally abandoning us.

My Ex for hooking up with four other women while I was pregnant with our child.

My half sister for hugging everyone goodbye except me at our fathers family gathering just to make me feel bad. No idea what I’d done this time but that yes she is a bitch. She phoned up two months later to do her usual here are all my problems chat but I was finally sick of her so I said sorry I was busy. That was 4 years ago. Good riddance.

My SIL for being a bitch and telling her brother that even though he’d slept with other women that he was still a good guy and to make sure that he never gave me a penny of the house. Yes the Ex who cheated on me whilst pregnant. And then proceeded to have a big family gathering and not invite me, but invite our baby, because I ‘might be volatile’ and she didn’t want her mum upset. Thanks for the womanly support ladies!

Pyjamaface Wed 16-Oct-19 23:41:22

Messaged my oldest friend to tell her my dad had died and she replied 😭.

I've known her nearly 20 years, she had met my dad numerous times and you know, I had assumed she might have some sort of sympathy for me. But no, I got a fucking emoji and that was it.

She's now deleted and blocked

SadieBaneso Wed 16-Oct-19 23:42:30

Among numerous shitty things vile ex did the worst was on the day my DF died. It was completely out the blue and I was in the kind of state most people would be.
He had been dead three hours when ex started getting changed, putting on aftershave etc. On asking what he was doing I was told he had arranged to meet a friend who was having some marriage problems for a drink and “couldn’t let him down”. After begging him not to leave me on my own he said he might stay in if I “cheered up a bit”. As I couldn’t really manage this, what with my father dying a couple of hours before, he went anyway.

OhioOhioOhio Wed 16-Oct-19 23:44:12

Lies. Lies. Lies. All from my stbxh.

KurriKurri Wed 16-Oct-19 23:51:55

My DH of 32 yrs leaft note on the doormat one day telling me he'd run off with a Romanian woman (well young girl actually) he'd met on the internet. That was pretty shit - gave me PTSD, I had no inkling anything was going on or was wrong with my marriage. I still get nightmares and flashbacks several years later (although that is partly from his incredibly abusive behaviour in the lead up to our divorce). Seeing him makes me feel physically scared and sick - but I have to occasionally because we have grown up children together and our paths occasionally cross.

Another shit thing was the day after my DDad died, SS phoned up and asked us to return the blocks he had to raise his chair up so it was easier to get in and out of.

Another shit thing was when my brother died, some woman who was an aquaintance of my mother's came round to 'offer condolances' and when my Mum popped out of the room for a few minutes the woman said to me 'I expect its a huge relief to everyone really that he's died' (this because my brother was disabled and therefore we must be glad to be rid of him, as opposed to devastated because we'd lost someone we adored hmm)

VaperCut Thu 17-Oct-19 00:02:18

I worked in a shop and was responsible for locking up on Saturdays when we closed midday. The manager rang me late one Saturday night shouting that I had left the door unlocked and was lucky nobody had realized especially due to the nature of what we sold. I was in bits and kicking myself for months for my carelessness.

A year later this same manager was sacked. Owner found out manager had been letting himself into the shop during closed hours and helping himself to goods and other things which are too outing.

Anyway I learnt that the day he rang me mouthing off he'd done exactly that, let himself in on Saturday afternoon after I'd (securely) locked up but HE forgot to lock the door and placed the blame on me!

100PercentThatBitch Thu 17-Oct-19 00:16:00

On reflection it's hard to pick the shittest

I've been the victim of a crime and the person who committed it was a friend, but I don't really want to post more than that

When I knew I was going to be hospitalised and my best friend was full of "we will drive all night to get to you if we have to" before it happened and was a literal ghost when it did. And the shittest thing about it was that it made me reevaluate our entire friendship and I realised I'd excused selfish and me me me behaviour for years and that I'd been wasting my time. I posted about her on here and someone did that patronising thing of "you don't like her very much do you?" And I didn't like the question but then I realised it was true. To add insult to injury she now also has form for contacting my relatives for updates on me whilst not contacting me at all. The friendship is gone but what I resent is this idea that she thinks she's the one that's "had to end this difficult friendship" when it's very much mutual

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »