Talk

Advanced search

Question about whiplash

(7 Posts)
whiplashquestion Thu 10-Oct-19 09:54:50

Can you get whiplash if a car rolls into yours in a car park? Can you pre-emptively stop it if you're likely to develop it?

Someone bumped the back of my car this morning when I was parked, it was quite a jolt; there's a small dent in the back of the car and my numberplate is broken. I'm only just getting over the stupid trembles, no pain but I have an annoying neck ache.

To clarify, I absolutely don't want to be in pain, and don't want whiplash, I'm not talking about claims or anything like that, I'm autistic and I can sometimes make myself feel something by imagining it, so I want someone to tell me I'm being silly and it'll be fine. Anyone?

whiplashquestion Thu 10-Oct-19 10:10:28

Anyone at all? If you've wanted to snap at someone to stop being so stupid today, this is your chance!

Damntheman Thu 10-Oct-19 10:26:53

No shouting here smile Yes it's possible to get whiplash from a small bump. Try to rest as best you can and go and get seen by a doctor if you're worried at all. I'm sorry you had this experience, I would also be shaken and worried!

whiplashquestion Thu 10-Oct-19 10:33:37

Oh balls! Hopefully it's unlikely though, right? Thank you for replying though smile I've had some painkillers and put an ice pack where it aches with the hopes that it stops it and makes me forget about it.

Damntheman Thu 10-Oct-19 10:36:08

I've had quite a few bumps small and large without whiplash so also possible to not get it! Amusingly enough the one time I DID get whiplash was from a trampoline ;)

Gooseygoosey12345 Thu 10-Oct-19 10:48:49

They reckon you can get whiplash from something like a 3mph collision! So you possibly do have whiplash. There's not a great deal you can do, rest as much as possible and take some painkillers. Also a hot water bottle if you think it might help

whiplashquestion Thu 10-Oct-19 10:54:11

No trampolines for me then today wink

Oh that's annoying. Okay, I'll try to take it easy today. Fingers crossed it'll vanish and I've just thought myself into it somehow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »