Talk

Advanced search

Broken Nose??

(5 Posts)
White2Sugars Wed 09-Oct-19 21:10:32

I think DS might have broken his nose. It was stood on at the bottom of a ruck whilst playing rugby. He says it doesn’t hurt very much. It’s not really swollen or bruised but does look a bit bent.

Anyone got any idea if it’s worth taking him to A&E? Not sure if there’s anything they will be able to do?

hairypaws Wed 09-Oct-19 21:14:13

When my 12 year old broke his nose a&e said we should have went to gp instead as the swelling has to go down before anything can be done. He did get referred to paediatrician at another hospital who arranged for him to get it straightened under anaesthetic. Hope your DS is okay.

White2Sugars Wed 09-Oct-19 21:21:10

Thank you hairypaws. It’s not swollen (yet). It’s the tip of his nose. It did bleed but not loads. I’ll maybe ring the nurse at the Dr surgery tomorrow and see what they say.

hairypaws Thu 10-Oct-19 06:53:11

Good idea. Best to get it checked just in case. Bet it hurt in any case.

Damntheman Thu 10-Oct-19 08:52:25

Definitely get it checked out! If it is broken and heals wonky he may end up with breathing problems as an adult or issues with his septum which could cause snoring.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »