Talk

Advanced search

Halloween?

(13 Posts)
JoObrien7 Wed 09-Oct-19 19:31:52

How young were your children when they started celebrating this?

JoObrien7 Wed 09-Oct-19 19:37:40

I am half Irish so we always celebrated it.

www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/origin-of-Halloween.html

Chloe9 Wed 09-Oct-19 19:39:06

Always.

FoldenHoard Wed 09-Oct-19 19:49:12

From about 3, I love Halloween.

Whatstodo2019 Wed 09-Oct-19 21:03:52

When he was 4 I started hosting a Halloween party which family now expect every year.
Is there a Halloween forum on MN? I could only see a Christmas forum but would love ideas for Halloween costumes. Hoping to make ds costume this year

JoObrien7 Thu 10-Oct-19 03:05:22

My little grandson is a toddler so I am wondering if he might find it a little scary but I have got him some Halloween books and a top with a cartoon ghost on it.

Limpshade Thu 10-Oct-19 05:40:52

My eldest daughter is 3, and busy making bats from paper plates at preschool grin so I think she understands some of the imagery of Halloween, but I won't be scaring her with the meaning until she's a bit older!

Halloween is becoming "big" where I live (not the UK) and there is an organised trick or treat in our apartment block, so I will dress her (and the baby) up in a non-scary outfit for that.

Growing up, we didn't really "do" Halloween, but mum always used to carve a pumpkin, until we were older and took over. We were more of a Bonfire Night family wink

notmytea Thu 10-Oct-19 05:42:44

We first did trick or treating at 3, which is big where we live. But I'm not a huge Halloween fan having not grown up in an area where it was tradition. I bloody love bonfire night though!

Damntheman Thu 10-Oct-19 10:29:34

My kids started doing Halloween stuff at barnehage so from about 1 or 2. This year will be my daughter's first trick or treat trip though and she's three, my son's been doing it for a few years and he loves it! They go in a crowd with other local kids and have a lovely old time. We don't do anything else other than buy in sweets for the neighbourhood kids though.

TilandPop Thu 10-Oct-19 10:30:42

I’ve always dressed them up but this year will be our first year trick or treating, they’re 3 and 1

DamonSalvatoresDinner Thu 10-Oct-19 10:53:19

Since they were born. I still have their Halloween onesies!

I'm also the crazy Halloween lady in these parts and spend far too much money each year making my garden look bloody awesome if I say so myself! 😂

Whattodoabout Thu 10-Oct-19 11:35:21

Since birth.

MaryLane93 Fri 11-Oct-19 20:32:46

My kids don't get scared because they have always had Halloween parties and trick or treating, since when they were babies. Mostly it's fun, and people are friendly, so it makes them less scared of people dressed up in masks and such the rest of the time too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »