Talk

Advanced search

Christmas & birthday ideas for a 1 year old? Either of these? (Pics)

(12 Posts)
Stillmonday Wed 09-Oct-19 18:38:33

I've decided to just get a few small toys etc for my baby who turns 1 just after Christmas however Grandparents want to buy a larger gift in terms of money and they want me to let them know what to buy.

I was thinking something like the attached. Either a baby slide or a car for when the weather gets a bit better (we have a shed to store it in until then!)

Anyone had either of these and would you recommend or suggest something else as I'm a bit stumped.

ElizaPancakes Wed 09-Oct-19 18:55:27

We had that exact slide thing for our twins when they were that age. If you have space, definitely get that.

Sunshine196 Wed 09-Oct-19 18:55:53

They are both fab toys so you'd be safe with either. I think the cars maybe last longer in terms of interest. My 8yo & her pals were playing with ours yesterday! All little tykes products are good imo

PowerslidePanda Wed 09-Oct-19 20:18:31

My 2 year old DD is way more into the car than the slide! While it's nice to have a slide in the garden for her, she seems to find it pretty "meh" compared to the ones at the playground.

GrumpySausage Wed 09-Oct-19 20:20:10

We bought both my kids one of the cars for their 1st birthday. They have been played with non stop since. My oldest is nearly 5 and still goes in his daily.

flouncyfanny Wed 09-Oct-19 20:26:31

NDNs little lad had the police version of the car (I think you can get them personalised too) he trundled around in it until he could no longer fit - he was literally folding himself in and out - I suspect it would be the best toy/fun a kid could have!!

Stillmonday Wed 09-Oct-19 21:12:28

Fab will suggest the car then 😀

Pixie2015 Wed 09-Oct-19 21:15:19

Go for car they will grow out of slide quickly x

zebrapig Wed 09-Oct-19 22:01:51

The car is a firm favourite in our house. DD still loves it at 4.5 and DS loves it too (21mo). Their compromise is that he goes inside and she rides lying on the roof!

AthollPlace Wed 09-Oct-19 22:04:36

If possible could your child try out both at a soft play? My DS wasn’t able to stay on the car seat at that age, he kept sliding off. His favourite toy was a ball pit.

Kinsters Thu 10-Oct-19 06:17:34

Maybe a stupid question but where do kids use these cars? Are they for outside? We've got a big driveway but it's got a steep-ish slope at the end so not sure it would be safe. And the rest of the garden is grass.

Fivechatchacha Thu 10-Oct-19 10:57:54

The car- my 5 yr old still likes a little tykes car but would have grown out the slide by 3 I'd say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »