Talk

Advanced search

40th Birthday gift ideas

(7 Posts)
Glitterfisher Wed 09-Oct-19 10:20:14

Hi, I am turning 40 soon and people are asking my parents and husband what I would like.

I have very few specific ideas, I love make up, jewellery, clothes (I have a full pandora bracelet already). I think I am pretty easy to buy for. People are saying they want to get me something to keep but I have no idea.

What did you get for your 40ths?

TIA

Glitterfisher Thu 10-Oct-19 10:34:11

anyone? would be great to have some different ideas

BarbaraofSeville Thu 10-Oct-19 10:45:28

DM gave me money that I bought a nice leather purse with, I still have it and it's still in perfect condition 6 years later.

But with things like that I'd want to choose my own so that it's exactly right, because if someone else chose it and the size, colour, number of pockets etc wasn't what I wanted, I'd probably not want to use it every day.

30to50FeralHogs Thu 10-Oct-19 10:49:51

I went to New York as my 40th gift from DP. Whilst there I collected a gift from Tiffany, which another family member had very thoughtfully ordered for me.

I have bought for others a racing car experience, engraved silver items such as fish and chip forks and ice cream spatulas like the ones you get at the seaside. Just tiny things that can be kept and/or used without taking up space!

Tiredmum100 Thu 10-Oct-19 11:02:54

What about an experience? Afternoon tea at the Ritz or something? I'd rather an experience than more jewellery, a watch etc. I find if I want or like something I'd buy it for myself anyway.

Tehmina2 Thu 10-Oct-19 11:15:09

I was given a DKNY watch by my dad which I wear every day.
A Links bracelet from my sister.
Swarovski crystal earrings from my mum.
My late Nan got me Nike trainers for the gym which I still use.
A bracelet from a friend, & a wooden angel 'friends forever' ornament from another friend.

I had a meal out followed by drinks on my birthday but before my birthday I went on a week holiday to Mykonos which was lovely!

Glitterfisher Thu 10-Oct-19 13:18:57

Thank you, there are some great ideas. DH took me on a couple of trips early in the year, that was all I wanted really. A purse is a great idea, my mum would be able to choose well and afternoon tea at the Ritz is definitely my sort of thing.

I am quite happy with any keepsakes but I do understand that people may want to buy something that I really like rather than just spend their money on random stuff.

I love Swarovski stuff but I dont have anything specific in mind. I dont want to come across as awkward to those asking but I would really be happy with whatever they choose.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »