Talk

Advanced search

How much physical affection do you and your DP show each other?

(54 Posts)
BigbreastsBiggerbeard Tue 08-Oct-19 20:21:28

Are you hand holders? Huggers? Do you like to sit with your legs touching whilst sitting watching TV? And how important is physical affection to you?

We're all individuals, I know, and all have different needs, so I guess it's really curiosity. This has been at the forefront of my mind lately, so guess I'm hoping to find I'm 'normal'! Yeah, yeah, I know, there's no normal....

Would love to hear how important it is to others smile

MegaClutterSlut Thu 10-Oct-19 07:35:29

We do quite a bit of affection really. Been with dh 20yrs.

We always kiss each other hello/goodbye
Kiss and hug each other in passing
Tell each other several times a day, I love you
Cuddle on the sofa in the evening
Hold hands
Before we go to sleep in bed with have a kiss and cuddle

HandbagCrazy Thu 10-Oct-19 08:15:14

Together 17 years, married 7.

I think we're quite affectionate, initiated 50/50 by each of us. Cuddle every morning before we get up, often hold hands in public, have a nice cuddle most evenings on the sofa, usually me leaning on him and him with his arm around me (only for half an hour).
We tend to cuddle in bed while watching tv / reading then turn away from each other when we actually want to sleep.

I think it's an important distinction between being housemates or friends with benefits and wouldn't be comfortable if it was only me who initiated affection.

BarbedBloom Thu 10-Oct-19 11:20:12

Together 5 years. Very affectionate. Always hold hands when out. Kiss hello and goodbye. Cuddle up on the sofa and often randomly hug or kiss each other when we are home. I couldn't date someone who wasn't tactile as it is important to me

Zaphodsotherhead Thu 10-Oct-19 11:49:48

I'm very tactile. Love holding hands, snuggling on the sofa etc.

XP would kiss at lips' edge, and that was all. If he could have shagged me from the other side of the room, he would have. Now I snuggle with my dog and kiss her ears and wonder at people who don't feel the need to touch or be touched.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »