Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have sleepovers with their kids?

(11 Posts)
BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Wed 11-Sep-19 22:05:40

The dc are 5 and 8, and only ever jump in with one of us if the other is away. We have recently moved and now have a guestroom. I'm considering once a month or so having a sleepover with one of the dc (taking turns), so snuggle in and put a movie on and sleepover in the spare.

Is this odd?

emmaliz Wed 11-Sep-19 22:12:34

No! It's not odd. I do sleepovers with my two. They love it!

DramaAlpaca Wed 11-Sep-19 22:14:34

I think that sounds fun. I'm only sorry mine are too old for sleepovers with mum now.

Hmmmbop Wed 11-Sep-19 22:14:56

We do it in the living room!

hittheroadjack1 Wed 11-Sep-19 22:20:39

We do sleepovers with mine.

We also have a pop up tent to "camp" in the garden

Ohmydaysmate Wed 11-Sep-19 22:22:22

We have sleep overs and especially if DH is away with work. That doesn't stop us tho making a den in the living room or bedroom to camp out in! Do it, they soon grow out of eldest DS is 13 and not interested anymore he was but he's too cool these days! but little one 9 loves them!

Troels Wed 11-Sep-19 22:23:24

I used to do this with Dd when she was very young, 6 maybe?
She'd invite me to a sleep over in her room, she had two single beds so it worked out fine. She'd chatter and giggle and play the floor is hot lava till late. Lots of fun.

Gertie75 Wed 11-Sep-19 22:31:29

We're bringing our caravan home for the winter and plan to sleep in it sometimes on the drive, were also going to use the sleeping bags to have movie nights and sleep in the living room.

Sounds great but I bet it'll end up with me sending them to their bedrooms when they're still chatting at 11pm

Stompythedinosaur Thu 12-Sep-19 01:17:05

We have a sleepover when dp is away. We go into the spare room as the bed is bigger and snuggle up together. I like it, and so do the dc.

PuddleglumtheMarshWiggle Thu 12-Sep-19 06:39:55

We did it when the girls were young. Sometimes made a real party of it with pizza, games, popcorn and a film. Spent the evening in pyjamas and then slept in the living room on sofas and cushions on the floor. Did it once on New Year's Eve. One thing I miss now they are grown up

Poppet93 Thu 12-Sep-19 07:18:35

No, that sounds lovely! I did it with my toddler after I had her sister because I felt she was feeling left out. We filled her Wendy house with pillows and blankets and sleeping bags and had a load of snacks and put Moana on the iPad, strung up some fairy lights inside and squeezed myself in and she absolutely loved it! My feet were sticking out the bottom and I didn't sleep in it all night but she did and she had loads of fun!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »