Talk

Advanced search

To think some people will never drive well?

(3 Posts)
TakeABreakAt12 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:35:07

It's my driving test in the morning. I feel as if I'll almost certainly fail (it's the first try) blush

I have had over 60 hours of lessons now, in an automatic too so no excuses grin

I feel as if a lot of it is luck because a lot of the routes are far trickier than others. So I feel like I'm more inclined to pass on an easier route because some of them are just extremely straight forward.

Some people just aren't good drivers, are they?

I'm absolute rubbish. I really cannot drive well,
although I like to think I'm fairly safe. I forgot the most ridiculous things. For example, I often forget how to execute turning into a bay etc, despite hours and hours of practice.
Ironically I am best at parallel parking.

I'm also shit at roundabouts. Absolutely hate those with 3/4 lanes! And I am well known for either being far too speedy or too slow. I also hesitate when I should've gone, forgetting some cars are going in the opposite direction so I could've gone

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Wed 11-Sep-19 22:27:08

Calm yourself, we were all rubbish once. You can't do yet what I can do, but neither could I when I began driving. Deep breaths.

SudowoodoVoodoo Wed 11-Sep-19 22:32:54

It's a little easier when you've passed as there's no audience which takes the pressure off. Lessons and tests are about getting a functional range of technical skills to drive properly, and it's tough. Good drivers are self aware and keep developing.

Good luck. Keep calm. You're doing your test because you're capable of passing smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »