Talk

Advanced search

Cheeky wipes period pants

(9 Posts)
twosoups1972 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:59:45

I've just ordered some of these to try. Haven't tried them yet but I was surprised that they are much less padded than I had expected.

Do they really work? Without pads?

Hannah021 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:13:34

I wouldn't try them on the heavy days, I'd be really scared. I saw few reviews on these, and to be honest, so many girls lie to get paid for the fake review. So I think on the light days, they may work (but for god sake, how many do you need per cycle!!)

PermanentPortakabin Wed 11-Sep-19 21:19:21

They’re ok.

IMO, the leak proof bit doesn’t go high enough at the front to prevent leaks, but otherwise they are quite good.

For the price, they are really good (other brands are way more expensive) but I would use with eg washable pads, or as a back up for a mooncup on heavy days.

On lighter days, they are absolutely fine without any pads.

lboogy Wed 11-Sep-19 21:21:25

I still can't get my head around these. I hate seeing the blood . It compounds the generally shitty feelings of being on my period

I prefer tampons tbh

Whathappenedtothelego Wed 11-Sep-19 22:23:53

I've got 3 pairs. I wear them on lighter days and they are great! I think if you used them on heavier days, you'd have to change quite often, which wouldn't really be convenient for me at work. Same with washable pads. So I still contribute to landfill at those times.

I do find them really, really comfortable and they have cut down a bit on the number of pads I use each month.

CamdenTownie Wed 11-Sep-19 22:29:23

Both me and dd have been using them
For a while, I think the idea is that they aren't padded because they are supposed to feel like normal knickers. I'd kind of compare them to the hippy chick mattress protector, very thin but absorbable. I got 3 pairs for the price of one pair of modibodi pants so they are very reasonably priced.

I've never had a leak and was surprised just how absorbent they were, definitely help dd feel much more confident going to school as she used to worry so much before.

I'd love to buy her a swimming costume but cheeky wipes don't do one and the ones I've seen are about £90 quid.

CamdenTownie Wed 11-Sep-19 22:31:25

Also the ones I have with the lace at the top are leak proof from Front to back, from the very top Right around to the very back by the waistband.

Thiswayorthatway Wed 11-Sep-19 22:41:10

I use them instead of pads as a back up to tampons (I can't get on with cups, tried loads) on heavy days and on their own on lighter days. I feel a lot fresher, they don't feel wet, although I sometimes change pants during the day. You don't see the blood as the crotch is black. No leaks and great value. Have some Modibodi ones too which are better and come in different colours but are more expensive.

twosoups1972 Mon 16-Sep-19 12:19:57

Dd's tried a pair on and she says she doesn't like the fit, a bit too low rise. Might see if they do a high waisted style.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »