Talk

Advanced search

Alice Melle

(29 Posts)
Heratnumber7 Tue 27-Aug-19 17:14:55

Has anyone bought from this site? I like some of the stuff, but the website doesn't look quite "right"

https://www.alicemelle.com/

00Cath Thu 29-Aug-19 09:12:32

Hi yes I have recently and I would warn you to stay away. The item arrived but it was way bigger than expected and also the quality isn't great (though it isn't expensive so I guess you get what you pay for). There is no address for returning the top and I have now had 4 emails from them in response to my email asking for a returns address. 1 asking what was wrong with the top, 2, saying they were disappointed I wasn't happy and could I send a photo, I said I had packaged it up to return and would like the address, 3. they said they needed a photo so I took one and emailed that 4. "I have seen the attached photo you sent ,but it seem looks like the item shown on the website ,hope you can try it again .
Best wishes
Michael".

It would look like the item on the website that's what I flipping ordered! I have now replied saying I have a legal right to a refund so I need the address to return it to. So my advice to anyone is stay well away from this clothing company in case you need to return anything. This has been going on all week.

Heratnumber7 Thu 29-Aug-19 19:53:26

Thank you. Will give it a miss i think.

Willwillow16 Thu 05-Sep-19 17:00:38

Hi, did you manage to get a refund or a return address from Alice Melle? I unfortunately treated myself to a couple of items from them a few weeks ago and was really disappointed with them and want to return them. But after three days of trying I've still not got a return address from them, just similar responses to you suggesting I give the items away and accept a 10% refund from them. I'd be grateful for any advice you have.

BanningTheWordNaice Thu 05-Sep-19 17:11:57

uk.trustpilot.com/review/alicemelle.com

LuxuryWoman2018 Thu 05-Sep-19 18:35:09

I just looked at the Facebook page, they're in China.

Soola Thu 05-Sep-19 18:58:38

A quick guide before ordering from an unfamiliar website is to look at the contact details.

This one only has an email.

You need to see a phone number and an address as well as looking at online reviews.

wendi22 Fri 06-Sep-19 10:00:02

yes I recently bought 3 items, the size was too small so asked if I could return for refund, they offered 5% refund and said I should sell the items!, any ideas what to do, I saw them advertised on facebook and have put message up there, they must be a foreign firm, but no idea where they are.

Goawayquickly Fri 06-Sep-19 10:31:29

Wendi they’re in China as I said up thread. Here’s a tip, every Facebook business page now has a button called page transparency, if you click this you’ll see where the firm is based and how long ago their business page was created. I don’t understand why anyone just clicks through a buy button without checking out a company and their website, it takes a couple of minutes.

wendi22 Fri 06-Sep-19 16:48:48

yes I know I am stupid, should know better, shows how easy it is to be caught, I thought it was china, because of the English writing on email, people are always getting caught.

LuxuryWoman2018 Fri 06-Sep-19 16:57:09

It’s not being stupid Wendii after all we should be able to click through on adverts but unfortunately there are a lot of this type of company around advertising lovely looking things but sending inferior products, it really pays to check out websites if you haven’t heard of a company before.

Sussimoon Tue 17-Sep-19 10:15:28

Wow! Wish I'd seen this a few weeks ago. I sent an order over 3 weeks ago. Had no reply so contacted them, they didn't have all the items so offered to send me just two, I ordered 5 items, so asked them to cancel the order. They said they'd charge me 5 % if they did that. So after a few heated emails, l told them to change the items for three other items. I've heard nothing from them since, even though I've contacted them every day since. They've got 90 euros. KEEPAWAY! This is the second time I've bought clothes on line, and I'm really happy I read the comments on here.

ThatLibraryMiss Tue 17-Sep-19 12:31:46

There seem to be a lot of websites like this at the moment. This blogger did some research into some of them. Basically, they're taking photos from designers' webpages and selling the promise of something like the photo at prices that are completely unreasonable for what they suppose to be.

If you like the look of something like this, try Google Image Search on the photo. If it pops up for sale on several websites it's probably dodgy. Remember, if something seems too good to be true it probably is.

Sussimoon Tue 17-Sep-19 13:19:17

ThatLibraryMiss
Thanks very much for this.

Lynybee1 Tue 17-Sep-19 23:51:25

I’ve had a problem with a top I ordered. It arrived unhemmed and has grease stains on fabric. The email correspondence had been a joke . Initially asked to send a photo then told it’s a lose thread and I should cut it off, then offered 10%’ discount , then 20% now advised to return the item ..
Details of return info below
“Sorry for delay your kind reply,This is our return address, we will give you a refund after receiving the order.
Please write order number on the package and send it back to our address:
Contact Name:Deqiu Li
Zip code:510000
Adress:3rd Floor, Building 3, Tangge Industrial Plaza, Longtang Road, Baiyunhu Street, Baiyun District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China(广东省广州市白云区白云湖街道龙塘路唐阁工业广场3栋3楼)
Telephone number:17620027978(PS: This number doesn't have a function of giving reply!) Kindly reminder:
1、Please do not exceed 2 GBP for the declared value, otherwise it will be detained by the customs and will delay the receipt of the goods, so the refund will be delayed:
2、please keep the item in good condition and please Mark your order number on the parcel. Do remember to tell us the tracking number once you send the parcel back.
We will do the refund after your parcel been delivered.
If you have any problems please feel free to contact us.
Best wishes
Damon “

I am not returning , due to costs and I really don’t trust this company . My feeling is that they will tell me they haven’t received any return . I wasn’t aware that they were a China based company. I’m steering clear of these pop up ads on Facebook . Shame that Facebook are supporting this type of companies advertising. Would NOT recommend buying anything from them .?

Sussimoon Wed 18-Sep-19 08:20:38

I had a reply from AliceMelle today, I have been asking for a refund. They originally told me they would charge me 5% for the refund, however today they have told me that they will charge me 15%!!
On Facebook they have replied to a question, saying that they are in USA, not China. I wrote a comment on their Facebook page. It was removed!

Lynybee1 Wed 18-Sep-19 09:54:20

Here is my most recent email from them
Hi lyny barnes,
Sorry for delay your kind reply.Please tell us the tracking number after you mail it, we will give you a refund after receiving the order.Have a good day.
Best wishes
Damon

I’ve replied stating it will cost me to much to return . I’ve also tried to comment on the Facebook page but not able to post a comment . Just want other people to be aware of this . Lesson learnt ... always check where Goods are coming from .

Toby1357 Sun 22-Sep-19 21:07:50

They AliceMelle.com have changed name to Rosefind.com. all the same adverts, pictures, discounts etc just under another name , for very, small sizing or extremely large sizing, poor quality products, most not embroidered but cheap plastic transfer print and l am going for a full refund including postage as stated in their return policy also reported to PayPal as they shouldn’t mark good traders through their bad practices..

Lynybee1 Mon 23-Sep-19 08:25:59

I’ve received another email stating they will give me 20% discount ....

Toby1357 Tue 24-Sep-19 12:17:30

Good news everyone l have got full refund when parcel gets there plus PayPal have said l can also have my postage paid to return in back , l have also been commenting on the sites that they also appear to be trading under , l know that one is Rosefind.com, which is on Facebook at the moment , but, also on Facebook various adverts which are exactly the same as theirs with same pictures,discounts,policies,promises are appearing and if possible l do leave a comment on these because l feel basically they are just fleecing customers and giving good traders a bad name because it makes you reluctant to give them your cash after an experience like this

gwendoline99 Tue 24-Sep-19 16:20:50

Don't bother, they seem v bad, I ordered over a month ago, I emailed asking where my stuff was and get barely literate emails in reply saying it's nearly ready, no info or arrival date. Don't touch with the proverbial bargepole...

Fifthtimelucky Tue 24-Sep-19 18:54:55

Glad to have read this. I rather like a lot of their stuff that keeps popping up on my FB, and had been tempted. I'll continue to resist!

JCL2 Wed 25-Sep-19 08:18:22

Wish I’d researched! I’ve had exactly the same experience! Items came - not even the same material as they looked on the page. One tight and the other massive! I’be has, “please let us know specifically why they are not suitable”. Then, “please send a photo” (I have packed them to send back). Will await the percentage off offers. I have asked for a return address but just get overly nice emails back in poor English. Grrrrrr!

Alison106 Wed 02-Oct-19 15:22:22

I bought over £100 worth of clothes a few weeks ago from Alice Melle in their sale and I wish I had read Mumsnet comments before I ordered as everything people have said is now happening to me. The items I ordered were poor quality material, badly made and bore no resemblance to the size they are supposed to be. There are no care labels or labels of any description on the clothes and they look like something someone has practised making in a sewing class. They are mass produced rubbish and bear no resemblance to the stylish photos in the ads and on their website. I am also still waiting for 3 items to arrive and it has been nearly a month now since I ordered them. I contacted them to advise address to return items to for refund and received a reply from Damon asking for photos of the items. I have sent photos and received no reply from them about refund arrangements or my missing items. I shall not be taken in by such adverts again!. I saw the adverts not on FB but whilst playing my Scrabble app!. My advice to anyone thinking if buying from Alice Melle, us don't!

JCL2 Wed 02-Oct-19 19:20:27

Every reply to Alice Melle that I sent (believe me there will be several more overly nice, poor English emails sent to you yet), I just repeated that I wanted a refund as per their policy or I would take it further. I escalated it as a complaint through PayPal and they have said a refund is definitely deserved and have given me an address in China. So I’m about to send it back but it’s going to cost £10!☹️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »