Talk

Advanced search

Win £250 off your family's self-catering escape

(88 Posts)
HannahGMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Aug-19 15:13:39

Afternoon everyone,

Cottages.com are a firm favourite on Mumsnet thanks to their huge selection of holiday rentals whatever your needs and budget.

Plus, there's also a 7% discount just for Mumsnetters - just head to our exclusive landing page to book.

This summer, they're giving one lucky Mumsnetter the chance to win a £250 voucher to put toward their own holiday rental.

To be in with a chance of winning, simply take a look at the cottages.com website, then post on this thread which property you would like to stay in and why. Whether you like the idea of an 11-person villa with a private pool in the Côte-d’Azur or would love the chance to stay in an actual converted rail carriage (we know grin), just let us know for your chance to win.

Winners will be picked at random on 29 August 2019, good luck!

Open to UK residents only. Bookings and holidays must be taken by 31st December 2020. Prize applies to new bookings only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here).

Annamaria0 Sun 22-Sep-19 20:25:48

La Belle Vue in Corsica, a friend visited Corsica recently and raved about it, so I’d love to go there.

SuzCG Tue 03-Sep-19 11:58:59

Tower House in Ambleside, Lake District - my 13 year old really wants to go and do some walking and explore the Lakes, an area we've only touched on before. This place looks lovelY!

Stargirl84 Thu 29-Aug-19 16:57:00

The Barn House at Freshwater, Isle of Wight looks beautiful. We love Freshwater and the barn looks like it’s in a great location for visiting Freshwater and relaxing.

HannahGMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Aug-19 16:45:30

Afternoon all,

Thanks very much for taking the time to enter, and a massive congratulations to our lucky winner @mazgoli, who will receive a £250 voucher to put toward their cottages.com holiday grin

We'll message the winner separately tomorrow to sort out getting their prize to them.

If you didn't win this time, remember you can still get 7% off your holiday rental - just head to our exclusive landing page to book.

elrider Thu 29-Aug-19 12:51:55

Apartment Paradise in Sardinia! I've never been to Italy and really fancy Sardinia. This apartment would be great for us and our toddler - simple (i.e. not full of breakables - a bonus with a 2 year old!) with access to a pool and separate bedrooms. Perfect!

megjswg Thu 29-Aug-19 10:39:18

Shearwater Lake House on the Cotswold Lakes would be an ideal break for my family as well as my sister's and our parents - we love being together - even though we all live within 2 miles of each other and work together!!

Ski4130 Thu 29-Aug-19 09:50:37

www.cottages.com/cottages/little-lanherne-farm-tp9?adult=5&child=8&pets=1

I'd love to take our Mum away with all her grandchildren and children, she's had a tough year and this would be a great way to show her how much we love her and appreciate her.

jackstini Thu 29-Aug-19 07:46:57

www.cottages.com/cottages/seaside-villa-bcseavil

This one for the views and facilities - enough space for the extended family, kids would love the pool and the huge dining living space is perfect
Plus it has its own bar! 😉

WanderingAimlessly Thu 29-Aug-19 06:13:34

Oakland West -Windermere Lake District. We can all fit in as a big family group. Would be perfect for my mums 80th birthday celebration next year!

MerryTwinkletoes Thu 29-Aug-19 06:00:40

Ooh I'd go for W43990 the houseboat, as I've been wanting to go to the isle of wight for a while and this looks like a lovely place to stay!

GymSloth Thu 29-Aug-19 05:30:00

Bowlees holiday cottage in county Durham looks lovely. Swimming pool, private hot tub and log burner plus, Durham is such a beautiful part of the world.

boptanana Thu 29-Aug-19 00:07:15

www.chooseacottage.co.uk/mum/silver-street-uk11437?adult=2&child=2&pets=1&nights=7&range=3

Love the area and looks a lovely accommodation

Noneyerbuisness11234 Thu 29-Aug-19 00:04:21

Ballyhass Lakes (W31382) Cecilstown, near Mallow, County Cork

My baby is now 4 months and would love to get away for quite break with my dp and baby.

MadameJosephine Wed 28-Aug-19 23:53:32

The Windmill, Anglesey. DD would be delighted, she loves windmills

Littlebluebird123 Wed 28-Aug-19 23:39:42

CAAU
Cherry Ridge
Great Bircham, Norfolk

Plenty of room for the family and a private swimming pool. What more could you want?

Bagdamagus Wed 28-Aug-19 20:13:37

Lane End - Lane End Linney (UK10656)
Putford, near Bideford, Devon.

Looks a bit different and perfect for a relaxing break.

NotQuiteUsual Wed 28-Aug-19 17:01:53

This is the one for me...and everyone else in my gang.

KarmaStar Wed 28-Aug-19 14:35:33

Lyndhurst Cottage property reference:UK2524.
Because it is a beautiful old property and stunning views surround it.
Clean and comfortably furnished and practical to keep clean with our two dogs.
The cottage is like a dream come true!if I owned it I wouldn't be able to let it out I'd have to live there.
Absolutely love yorkshire,my husband proposed to me there and we had our honeymoon in a cottage with the dogs.
I keep looking at the photo's now and will be showing them to my family later to see if we can go anyway next year....it really is a dream cottage,somewhere to have a good breakfast then set off walking the dogs and exploring them to eagerly return to at the end of the day.

GhostsToMonsoon Wed 28-Aug-19 11:14:44

I love cottage holidays. I'd stay in any of the dog-friendly ones with wifi (or leave our dog and go abroad). I like this one: Little Polgrain Barn near Caerhays, as it's in an area of Cornwall I haven't been to before and Caerhays is in one of the later Poldark books.

mazgoli Wed 28-Aug-19 10:42:26

I'd like to stay at Tan y Bryn Cottage, Rhyd-y-Foel, Conwy. It looks beautiful, peaceful and has great views. I'm in need of some TLC right now and I'd take some close friends with me to talk until the wee small hours, relax and restructure my life.

buckley1983 Tue 27-Aug-19 23:10:43

Well I've just spent a happy 40 minutes scrolling through rental properties in The Cotswolds!! Finally decided on this one..

Stable Cottage - Avon Farm Estates, Saltford, Nr. Bath - UKC3432

WOW!! Beautiful exterior & interior - perfect!

Haffdonga Tue 27-Aug-19 22:13:49

Windermere Lake Boathouses - Spout Crag Boathouse, Cumbria please

Amazing location and views.

RosamundButterfly Tue 27-Aug-19 21:52:17

PGGS the Cart Lodge near Battle, Sussex, please. Love those country style bedrooms and the view from the living room! That would be perfect for us. Have bookmarked for the next time I'm booking a UK break!

Guni Tue 27-Aug-19 21:52:10

This place seems to be perfect for us and never been to Cornwall. Would love to win!

JaneGarveykeepsmesane Tue 27-Aug-19 21:25:12

Halcyon Apartment, Port Isaac. I spent many happy childhood holidays and part of my honeymoon in Port Isaac and have a yearning to introduce my own kids to its charms.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »