Talk

Advanced search

Win £250 off your family's self-catering escape

(88 Posts)
HannahGMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Aug-19 15:13:39

Afternoon everyone,

Cottages.com are a firm favourite on Mumsnet thanks to their huge selection of holiday rentals whatever your needs and budget.

Plus, there's also a 7% discount just for Mumsnetters - just head to our exclusive landing page to book.

This summer, they're giving one lucky Mumsnetter the chance to win a £250 voucher to put toward their own holiday rental.

To be in with a chance of winning, simply take a look at the cottages.com website, then post on this thread which property you would like to stay in and why. Whether you like the idea of an 11-person villa with a private pool in the Côte-d’Azur or would love the chance to stay in an actual converted rail carriage (we know grin), just let us know for your chance to win.

Winners will be picked at random on 29 August 2019, good luck!

Open to UK residents only. Bookings and holidays must be taken by 31st December 2020. Prize applies to new bookings only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here).

StickChildNumberTwo Sat 17-Aug-19 17:09:07

www.chooseacottage.co.uk/mum/the-knock-uws - gorgeous looking house in the middle of nowhere would be blissful

Cismyfatarse Sat 17-Aug-19 17:12:47

https://www.chooseacottage.co.uk/mum/kinlochmoidart-house-seq?adult=2&nights=7&range=3

This would be amazing for a group. We used to live near here and held my son's christening in the dining room. Going back with him (nearly 20 now) plus his sister and others would be amazing.

InvernessAdventure Sat 17-Aug-19 18:36:29

I'd go to Heir Island, off the coast of County Cork, to discover my roots.

TwoPencePenny Sat 17-Aug-19 18:44:41

www.chooseacottage.co.uk/mum/bembridge-manor-m533166?adult=2&child=2&nights=7&range=3&start=26-5-2020

It would be like walking into a fairytale!

Kannet Sat 17-Aug-19 18:53:03

La belle Vue Corsica. Love Corsica it's a beautiful country

Didiusfalco Sat 17-Aug-19 19:00:10

This one:

www.chooseacottage.co.uk/mum/bank-end-w8486?adult=2&child=2&nights=7&range=3

Bank end near Ullswater in Cumbria. I love the Lake District, and this would be perfect for my family. I would visit the Lakes every year if I could afford it.

Lotts123 Sat 17-Aug-19 19:04:06

The Lodge @ Thornmill (BCLTHORN) perfect for a family getaway for an upcoming special Birthday and ideal for a visit to Monkeyworld!

Buffyj Sat 17-Aug-19 19:11:03

Roselea ref (UK5038)
Skye is so beautiful and nourishing for the soul while this cottage would allow me to relax while my young, and not so young, boys have plenty to distract them.

starlingsintheslipstream Sat 17-Aug-19 19:21:21

I'm a great fan of cottages.com and have used the 7% discount on several occasions. We have an annual multi-generational family holiday and like to self cater so I'd pick this property in Hay on Wye

https://www.cottages.com/cottages/hay-on-the-farm-complex-m490915

There's plenty of room for us all to not feel under each other's feet and a games room for the kids.

Theimpossiblegirl Sat 17-Aug-19 19:50:37

Maison Moriani-Plage (FKO131)

This beautiful villa in Corsica is perfect for our next holiday. Just 300m from a beach, bars and restaurants, own pool and room for all the family.

MarkRonsonsMother Sat 17-Aug-19 20:13:38

It would be the Una Argentum 71 in St Ives, Cornwall.

Property Reference: BCUNA71

Parking, Dishwasher, Pool & Restraunt.

Sounds wonderful for DD & I grin

kng166 Sun 18-Aug-19 08:36:09

I’d love to stay at Orford Mill at Great Torrington in Devon. My children would love the swimming pool and playground

saladfingers Sun 18-Aug-19 09:47:27

We would love to stay here - Ashcombe - Freedom (HHX)
Ashcombe, near Teignmouth, Devon for a weekend so that we could visit my daughter at Plymouth University.

jollygoose Sun 18-Aug-19 11:19:40

Villa Santolina, Montaurous, it looks the perfect place to relax and explore the beautiful scenery and small dotted villages. A swimming pool to cool off in at the end of perfect day what more could anyone want?

Ibizama Sun 18-Aug-19 13:45:49

Silver Street in Bideford, Devon UK 11437 looks lovely for a holiday

LeatherBottle Sun 18-Aug-19 13:52:30

www.chooseacottage.co.uk/mum/carnethic-penthouse-tah?adult=2&nights=7&range=3 gorgeous location and just look at that pool!

HomeEdRocks18 Sun 18-Aug-19 18:21:38

Thatch Cottage in Rosudgeon near Marazion. I love that part of Cornwall and have only been on day trips there. I'd love to take my family and dog there to relax

Countrygirl38 Sun 18-Aug-19 19:01:19

I would love to go to Seascape Ref OX3 near Aberystwyth. We love Aberystwyth so much. There is a sea view from the property and the photos look lovely. It is also near Borth where we love to swim and walk in the beach. This would be a peaceful, relaxing place to stay whilst still being near Aber and beaches. Aber has such a great vibe and our favourite care in the UK is there - The Tree House

pacinofan Sun 18-Aug-19 20:59:36

The Coach House, Keswick (UKC3787). Fabulous accomodation in my favourite part of the world that I could enjoy with all my family, plus my adorable dog!

NeverNude11 Sun 18-Aug-19 21:23:19

Benedictine's retreat. The house and grounds look gorgeous, I love that there's a heated swimming pool on site, and they provide a travel cot!

magentastardust Sun 18-Aug-19 23:34:17

ooh I love The Quaich in Perthshire (SYYT) , what a fantastic view , would be very relaxing looking over the water with a book and a glass of wine in hand!

jamesharris1912 Tue 20-Aug-19 11:09:07

Little Content Farm Cottage because it has a swimming pool and I would love to visit this part of Cornwall, especially Kynance Cove.

HowDoYouPronounceJohn Tue 20-Aug-19 20:48:59

I'm looking to take a trip to Harrogate, so Thistle Hill Farm Cottages, as its the only one that came up for the dates I chose that had 2 bedrooms and was pet-free. Although ideally would prefer to see more photos of a place beforehand, including the bedroom I'd be sleeping in, location etc.

Gingerkittykat Tue 20-Aug-19 20:59:37

Mountain bear lodge near Aviemore (UKC3144)

It's stunning, 6 bedrooms so I can take my extended family, it's beside the Cairngorms with loads of wildlife and it has a hot tub and sauna to relax in at night.

mrsglowglow Tue 20-Aug-19 21:19:35

Jacob’s Rest (UKC3703) in Cromer Norfolk.

Great location and stunning accommodation.

I love Norfolk and there are so many beautiful rentals to choose from.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »