Talk

Advanced search

aldi dinner meals for one?

(12 Posts)
crazylady7 Wed 14-Aug-19 10:29:54

Will be away for three nights alone, may i emphasize alone (eek, so excited lol grin ) soo a break from the kiddos picky foods, i can cook myself something yummy for dinner. I am on a tighish budget and cant justify spending loads on dinners for myself, but i have an aldi near where i am staying and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for an easy yummy aldi meal for one? wink

Yogagirl123 Wed 14-Aug-19 10:36:17

My DS loves their frozen chicken curry meal. Easy to do in the microwave. It’s about 65p, he is not so keen on the sweet & sour one. ready done salads, their sandwiches/wraps are lovely too.

Have a lovely break OP.

Mrsjayy Wed 14-Aug-19 10:42:38

Aldi quiche/tartletts are lovely bit of salad crisps sorted, I also like the lasangne and the fresh pasta with a ready made sauce. Are my go to home alone dinners.

Nottobesoldseparately Wed 14-Aug-19 10:42:45

The vacuum packed tortellini with a stir in sauce.
Served with salad, garlic bread and cheese?

Then another day, use the mini wraps they have with cheese and ham/salsa/any other filling to make quesadilla's. Serve with salad.

Their melt in the middle fish cakes are also nice, served with a tin of mushy peas or their frozen veg medley in bag which you do in the microwave.

All meals I do when DH is on nights and I can't be bothered to cook properly.

Faybaline Wed 14-Aug-19 10:45:03

Their chicken and roast beef dinners are lovely so is their chicken and bacon pasta why not give them try there cheap as well

Nottobesoldseparately Wed 14-Aug-19 10:46:21

Also, if you like a drink, their pre made cans are ok, as are the mini bottles of fizz and the 10 pack of stubby lager bottles.

EskewedBeef Wed 14-Aug-19 10:47:00

Their New Zealand pinot gris is great. Plus crisps grin

Mrsjayy Wed 14-Aug-19 10:58:11

Well we got down to priorities quickly grin

PodgeBod Wed 14-Aug-19 10:58:31

I really like their chicken enchiladas

crazylady7 Wed 14-Aug-19 11:21:34

Thanks for the ideas. Pasta seems like they way i'll be heading!! And yes my evenings will definitely consist of a cheap bottle of something lol wink

Pomgirl Wed 14-Aug-19 11:31:05

Following for ideas to grin

Mrsjayy Wed 14-Aug-19 11:39:21

They did roast/fried potato cheese ham thing which was delicious but i can't remember what it was called .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »