Talk

Advanced search

I forgot the effing nappies

(59 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

tyerd Sun 11-Aug-19 21:35:40

I feel so shit right now.
DC admitted to hospital for the 2nd time this week. Just popped home and left her with a nurse to go grab some supplies/ medicationand I forgot her nappies angryangryangry
I'm so mad at myself. I wrote it down.
DC is going to have some strong laxatives with only one nappy as back up, handheld for the clean up

picklemepopcorn Thu 15-Aug-19 18:42:50

When your child is poorly in hospital, it's hard to think as clearly as you'd like.

I hope she's fighting fit soon, and your both home safe and sound.

SoyDora Thu 15-Aug-19 19:02:34

00100001 why have you taken such offence to the OP?

Toddlerteaplease Thu 15-Aug-19 19:37:55

@tyerd they'll have bigger pads for special needs kids. Ask for a small one of those. We go right up to adult size.

tyerd Thu 15-Aug-19 19:41:48

@Toddlerteaplease
Please rtft.
They do not have any. I took my child to Sainsbury's and bought her some myself.

tyerd Thu 15-Aug-19 19:43:18

@SoyDora I presume @00100001 is one of them people with little experience of the harsh realities life can bring and is genuinely shocked that people can and do cope alone because they have never had to.

tyerd Thu 15-Aug-19 19:44:35

@youarenotkiddingme @IamEarthymama @Itsonlytuesdayqwer @picklemepopcorn thank you guys for your comments smile
Hopefully we'll be home in our comfy bed too. She's just ripped out her cannula now. shock today is not the day. grin

OoohMasala Thu 15-Aug-19 19:48:09

Hi OP. I'm just out of an abusive relationship. I have anxiety because of it and have struggled to leave my young baby because he was not safe with his dad. It makes I very hard to leave them. My son was in hospital when he was 4 months old and I had to be told off by the nurse and made to leave his bedside. I totally get it. Please don't best yourself up. You are already amazing for having left an abusive relationship, and you can tell from your post just how much you love your baby. Wishing a speedy recovery. Ignore mean posters.

OoohMasala Thu 15-Aug-19 19:50:11

*beat

tyerd Thu 15-Aug-19 20:13:34

@OoohMasala Sorry to hear this. I hope you've managed to heal and your baby is now doing better?
Thank you so much for your kind message. Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »