Talk

Advanced search

Romantic, easy suppers in self-catering France

(9 Posts)
alldressedupinblue Fri 19-Jul-19 16:25:02

New boyfriend and I are going to Nice for few days in August.

I'm trying to do an online shop for the flat at the moment. What simple but special suppers would you make?

Thanks for ideas

(Not going for restaurants as on a budget)

AnathemaPulsifer Fri 19-Jul-19 16:54:32

Baked Camembert?

SamBeckett Fri 19-Jul-19 17:33:16

I'd go with cured sausages ( salami etc) nice ham good cheese French bread fresh salsa a small amount of salad . Very easy to prepare , you can nibble on the food and each other it won't spoil if you get ummm distracted. grin and of course strawberrys and cream for pud

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 19-Jul-19 17:35:34

Go to the flower market and buy the beautiful fresh produce, absolutely amazing fish, fruit and veg there. Also, in the old town just round the corner from the flower market tucked down the a couple of the side streets are little take away pizzerias selling ridiculously large and delicious pizzas really cheaply. I went to Niece last summer and loved it.

BlamesFartsOnTheNeighbour Fri 19-Jul-19 17:38:13

Tin of duck confit and some frozen chips. Yum.

carrie74 Fri 19-Jul-19 17:38:36

Agreed with above, find the markets when there and buy some lovely bits to take home, amazing fresh fruit and veg, a rotisserie chicken is a good bet, gorgeous baguette bought at the bakery that day with yummy cheeses and cold meats. I can't imagine you'll want to do much proper cooking for just a few days' holiday, and it'll be very warm, so you may just fancy salads and picky bits.

Artesia Fri 19-Jul-19 17:39:43

Buy lovely fresh nectarines, some mozzarella, Parma ham and some salad leaves. Arrange artfully on a plate, with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and mint. Eat with vast amounts of baguette and cold white wine.
Super easy, really delicious.

alldressedupinblue Fri 19-Jul-19 17:54:42

My mouth is literally watering.

alldressedupinblue Tue 13-Aug-19 20:33:54

Just checking in as now back from France!

Followed your ideas, and bought

Local salami
Bleu d'auverge cheese
Onion tart
Tomato salad
Pate with hazelnuts

All went swimmingly we broke the bed -true story

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »