Talk

Advanced search

4 hours in New York, what to do?

(10 Posts)
MrsFiddymont Fri 19-Jul-19 15:54:54

Want to go to Ground Zero, see Empire State building, if I have time left, what would you recommend?
Don't want to shop or see a show, even if I had time.
TIA.

MockerstheFeManist Fri 19-Jul-19 16:01:44

MUST do a Circle Line Cruise:

www.circleline.com/

cardibach Fri 19-Jul-19 16:15:45

4 hours?
I think just the 9/11 museum in that time. It’s not long and you have to factor transport to and from in too.

TheCatThatDanced Fri 19-Jul-19 16:16:28

I think you could do an open tour bus ride in that time. You'd see a lot too.

drsausage Fri 19-Jul-19 17:02:42

I think I'd just go for a 4-hour walk or do an open top tour bus ride.

amusedbush Fri 19-Jul-19 17:13:53

Factoring in travel and queuing, that's not a long time. Don't go up the Empire State - it's beautiful and you can't see it when you're standing on it.

Go up One World Trade instead. See ground zero and the museum. We spend a long time in the museum and it was emotional but worth it.

S0CKS Fri 19-Jul-19 17:15:02

Is that plus travel time or with?
Honestly took me well over an hour to get from jfk to the empire state building i dont feel you've got long enough to do much of anything comfortably

transformandriseup Fri 19-Jul-19 17:51:53

It’s definitely at hour by taxi into the city from JFK so you may not have much time at all sadly. The Empire State Building and Ground Zero are no where near each other but it you went straight to Ground Zero you could go up the One World Trade Centre and see it from there.

MrsFiddymont Fri 19-Jul-19 18:00:14

Thank.you for the replies. Not flying into JFK, it's a cruise stop hence shortage of time.

MrsFiddymont Fri 19-Jul-19 18:03:22

Oh and I'll be working on ship not passenger as such, so just the 4 hours shore leave.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »