Advanced search

Original Syndol is back on sale

(56 Posts)
Cocolapew Fri 19-Jul-19 14:42:27

Thank god.

Gingernaut Fri 19-Jul-19 23:39:01

Yay!

jessicawessica Fri 19-Jul-19 23:47:36

Thank goodness for that. Nothing else really touches the pain.

Kummerspeck Fri 19-Jul-19 23:54:44

When DD was revising at uni she had dreadful tension headaches and Syndol was the only thing that helped, to the point that I bought the doxylamine online from the USA to take with co-codamol when it became unavailable.
It is a good product when taken as directed for the shortest possible time

Apparently Migraleve Pink is back too although I'm not a fan of that

ByeByeMissAmericanPie Sat 20-Jul-19 07:07:36

I’ve been buying Doxylomine separately online. I take it as a sleep aid.

I discovered it accidentally when I first took Syndol for a particularly bad headache on the advice of a pharmacist. Luckily I’d just dropped the DC at school as I had to go home to bed!

Rachelover40 Sat 20-Jul-19 14:03:20

I have ordered two packets of Syndol on line. I used to have it years ago and it was good so am delighted it is back on the market in its original form. Before anyone says, I know it should not be used regularly for a long period because it can cause addiction, however I took a lot of Syndol at one time and had no problems.

Mitebiteatnite Thu 26-Sep-19 18:49:33

Sorry, I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I saw Syndol in the pharmacy today and was so pleased. Was about to start a thread on it but thought I'd search first! Goodbye killer migraines.

It's the doxylamine that does it, it does have a sedating effect but it's also a muscle relaxant which is what makes all the difference. I've had a spate of really nasty migraines in the last few months and just had to make do with co-codamol because I can't take nsaids. Sods law I won't have one for ages now, which is a good thing obviously, but I feel better knowing I've got it to fall back on in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »