Talk

Advanced search

Small achievements that you're proud of!

(54 Posts)
QueenoftheBayou Tue 16-Jul-19 16:14:24

So I'm feeling crazy proud right now as I've just successfully reached the perfect hair colour - black to Targaryen blonde in 10 days and I didn't completely fuck up my hair! Small achievement and I'm sure no one cares about my hair but what little things have you achieved recently that made you do a tiny fist pump?

MosquitoInAJamJar Sat 20-Jul-19 02:07:04

Had a difficult conversation about a situation involving my feelings with my DH. I'm keen to get better about talking about my emotions, I find it really hard. DH calls me his little clamshell smile

Mummoomoocow Fri 19-Jul-19 23:13:50

I made (an easy quick) dinner with an extremely clingy toddler running into the kitchen two seconds after being placed in front of the iPad

Fml.

Zoidbergonthehalfshell Fri 19-Jul-19 23:00:31

One of the juvenile Pipistrelle bats I rescued (I'm registered with the BCT) last week has gone from being almost impossible to get food into - I was having to mix mealworm insides with tiny quantities of puppy milk - to sitting in her feeding bowl while I put whole mealworms in with her. And the other one, who's only been here a couple of days, took 5 from me this evening.

PerfectPeony2 Fri 19-Jul-19 21:59:20

My DD is 3 and has learnt to stand and take a few steps cruising. She has complex medical needs and it has taken a lot of hard work to get to this point :D. We don't take anything for granted anymore!

Ahh amazing! Love this.

PerfectPeony2 Fri 19-Jul-19 21:56:55

I ran 5k. I’ve never even been able to run down the road without being out of breath so it felt amazing. I didn’t even stop. smile The fact I did this after having DD (a year ago but still!) made me feel like supermum. Hopefully I’ll set a good example for her!

AndMiffyWentToSleep Fri 19-Jul-19 21:53:16

I cleared the stairs!
(Admittedly piles if cr*p have just moved elsewhere but I don’t care because The Stairs Are Clear!)

TinyMystery Fri 19-Jul-19 19:24:06

Managed to swim 2km today for the first time in weeks. I kept getting a migraine from the sun reflecting off the water in the outdoor pool and having to cut my sessions short. It was raining today so no excuses!

Sunflower1987 Fri 19-Jul-19 13:55:03

Earlier this week, while my DD did a settling in session at primary school I went for lunch alone in a cafe. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do but never quite had the confidence. I picked a book from the library, browsed Mumsnet and even went back to the counter to order cake. It was bliss!! I can’t wait for her first day of school to do it again!

BillywigSting Fri 19-Jul-19 11:32:02

Fiver year old ds had minor surgery yesterday and needed a general anesthetic.

I went with him to theatre while he was put to sleep and managed to keep it together (and not let him be as shit scared as I was).

Have also managed to get horrible stingy eye drops (was eye surgery) into his sore eye four times so far despite lots of (very understandable) fear and tears on his part and a metric fuckton of guilt on mine.

Only another 80 doses to go sad

QueenoftheBayou Fri 19-Jul-19 11:25:29

@thecatsthecats that's amazing!

thecatsthecats Fri 19-Jul-19 08:38:48

I did a 10k run on Wednesday.

I've never done one in my life, and have only done short sprinting in my fitness training over the last 18m (have lost 4.5 stone). Have a bad ankle, so always avoid exercise that risks turning it.

But started jogging three weeks ago. Realised I could go for longer/faster than expected. Did a 5k, then decided to make the leap to 10.

Bloody chuffed to have managed it first go!

growlingbear Fri 19-Jul-19 08:34:54

@QueenoftheBayou There is always room for a pair of guinea pigs! They make the best pets.

growlingbear Fri 19-Jul-19 08:34:09

@TrueFriendsStabYouInTheFront - Soooo cute!

bloodywhitecat Fri 19-Jul-19 08:28:55

@mbosnz Thank you smile

@BathshebaKnickerStickers That is an amazing achievement, well done!

QueenoftheBayou Fri 19-Jul-19 03:29:40

@TrueFriendsStabYouInTheFront so cute! I recently discovered my love of guinea pigs on a trip to a farm, they had me laughing instantly! Straight away I wanted to get some but DP said we have enough pets...sad

QueenoftheBayou Fri 19-Jul-19 03:27:04

These are all awesome! smile

73kittycat73 Fri 19-Jul-19 01:11:02

Aww TrueFriendsStabYouInTheFront, that guinea pig is so cute! I've never seen a baby one before. Thanks for posting. grin

BathshebaKnickerStickers Thu 18-Jul-19 22:51:33

I learned how to swim at 47. In 18 months I went from completely unable to swim to raising £500 for cancer research by swimming 2.5k (100 lengths of a 25m pool) on March 31st this year.

I still go to my swimming lesson every week

Moosiclover Thu 18-Jul-19 22:45:33

I have meal planned and food shopped every Monday since last October. I HATE food shopping, so before then it was completely haphazard and cost a fortune. Now I’m in and out the supermarket in just over half an hour with food for the entire week and probably halved the cost.

missbatmeg Thu 18-Jul-19 22:37:33

I fit into my smaller jeans again after giving birth almost 4 weeks ago 😊

namechangeninjaevervigilant Thu 18-Jul-19 20:58:56

I make great poached eggs.

moonpiggle Thu 18-Jul-19 20:42:18

Completed and passed my 1st year at uni after having to drop out last year due to anxiety! So proud of myself 😊

Shazzanat Thu 18-Jul-19 20:40:27

My DD is 3 and has learnt to stand and take a few steps cruising. She has complex medical needs and it has taken a lot of hard work to get to this point :D. We don't take anything for granted anymore!

freshasthebrightbluesky Thu 18-Jul-19 20:36:20

I have also paid off my credit card, overdraft and a small loan. Almost 10K debt wiped out. We only have another 15K still to go...

Spanglyprincess1 Thu 18-Jul-19 20:34:22

I manage a pm nap with baby. Harahh and I feel human again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »