Talk

Advanced search

Small achievements that you're proud of!

(54 Posts)
QueenoftheBayou Tue 16-Jul-19 16:14:24

So I'm feeling crazy proud right now as I've just successfully reached the perfect hair colour - black to Targaryen blonde in 10 days and I didn't completely fuck up my hair! Small achievement and I'm sure no one cares about my hair but what little things have you achieved recently that made you do a tiny fist pump?

QueenoftheBayou Thu 18-Jul-19 17:31:02

Was hoping to start a positive post!

Veryveryouting Thu 18-Jul-19 17:41:00

Nice thread OP. Mine is finding the courage to make "mum friends". I used to suffer with awful social anxiety (still do depending on situation) but I'm like a completely different person now!

plantsplantsplants Thu 18-Jul-19 17:46:12

Struggling with my mental health a bit today and was going to do an easy tea but had been looking forward to trying a new recipe. Pushed myself this afternoon and currently have BBQ pulled mushrooms and homemade sesame burger buns in the oven. Hope they're good!!

Geekster1963 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:12:37

Been for a run this afternoon after really not wanting too. I only did three and a half miles and it was hard, but I feel so much better for it.

mogloveseggs Thu 18-Jul-19 19:14:33

Did a tip run!

crosser62 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:16:39

3 loads of washing done, dried and put away... my washing basket is empty.... lalalalaaaaaa!

bloodywhitecat Thu 18-Jul-19 19:19:31

I have become a foster parent, a lifelong ambition after being fostered myself (and not having a great experience) as my mum has/had serious mental health problems.

BarbarAnna Thu 18-Jul-19 19:20:18

I have got over myself and my architectural planting phase and created a lovely cottage garden and managed not to kill it! It is a glorious mix of bright clashing colours and I love it!

sunnyshowers Thu 18-Jul-19 19:23:58

My kids ate and liked a brown wrap with mayo chicken cheese lettuce and peppers!! I took a photo. They eat meat and veg dinners...wraps peppers mayo lettuce all new (well new to their stomach...till now its bughhhh and spit...they're 10) i m so happy...

feathermucker Thu 18-Jul-19 19:25:38

Had a difficult conversation.

mbosnz Thu 18-Jul-19 19:26:42

I have become a foster parent, a lifelong ambition after being fostered myself (and not having a great experience) as my mum has/had serious mental health problems

That's not a small achievement, that's a bloody huge achievement. Tumeke! (Awesome).

Nextphonewontbesamsung Thu 18-Jul-19 19:31:08

I've been doing the no S diet for a month or two and faithfully going to an exercise class.

Easily did the zip up on my skirt today, it has been a bit of a struggle for a while. Reckon I might have lost about 4lb, but I don't weigh.

BobTheFishermansWife Thu 18-Jul-19 19:42:51

Great idea op!!
Some awesome accomplishments here. Mine is that I managed to have a shower and put makeup on for 2 days in a row (yesterday and today) the first time since I had my little one arrived last Tuesday.
It made me feel so human and combined with going out for the first time on my own today, I did a happy dance 😊

BarbarAnna Thu 18-Jul-19 19:44:49

@BobTheFishermansWife Well done! I have been poorly since Tuesday and badly need a shower. Still feel wobbly but going to go for it!

TinyMystery Thu 18-Jul-19 19:49:47

I managed to get DS bathed and ready for bed in less than 15 minutes despite the fact he is grumpy, teething and going through a very trying phase of crawling off and screaming blue murder if prevented from doing exactly what he wants. I also didn’t think about selling him once, which is quite frankly a miracle.

Thestral Thu 18-Jul-19 19:51:53

I soloed bedtime with 3 under 5.

Props to any other parents doing the grind day after day! Heroes, the lot of us. grin

ineedaknittedhat Thu 18-Jul-19 19:52:37

I'm just getting into being a pet carer and today I taught one of my charges - a funny cockapoo (a youngster) - to drop her ball so I could tap it with my foot so she could chase it. I'm a cat person, know bugger all about dogs and used to be scared of them. I was amazed when she did as I told her and we can play a game together now.

Candyfloff Thu 18-Jul-19 20:00:47

This past month I have gone from;

- My house falling through, as well as my arrangement to stay temporarily with absolute cunts family members. Leaving me and DC homeless.
- Living out of hotels for 3 weeks, whilst entertaining DC and house hunting.

To;
- Finding the perfect house (to rent) which was available for an immediate move.
- Moving in and starting from scratch (all my furniture is in a storage unit 500 miles away)
- Finally managing to get my furniture to the new house.
- Happily ever after. Now searching for a new home to buy but am in absolutely no rush.

Might I add I done this all by myself! Poor DC spent a lot of time in the car whilst I was driving about estate agents and sorting the furniture bits I could get immediately (we had many a day out in Ikea) but we did it.
I'm exhausted. brew

TrueFriendsStabYouInTheFront Thu 18-Jul-19 20:12:29

I cycle to work and on the way back there is an absolutely beastly, steep hill where most cyclists get off and walk. I've been forcing myself to stay on my bike (even if I'm only in gear 2 haha!) and cycle up it. Really chuffed with myself as I'm not a slim girl!!

Slowly getting my very nervous baby guinea pigs to come around. They will sometimes take food from my hand now after lots of encouragement.

Candyfloff Thu 18-Jul-19 20:16:49

Oh, that wasn't a small achievement really.

Ok.

I nominate myself for putting together Ikea flat packs alone, with the most basic of tools.
They haven't fallen down. Yet.

Moodycoo Thu 18-Jul-19 20:20:31

I'm terrified of the dentist and a chunk fell off one of my back teeth the night before last. So I plucked up the courage to go see one, first time in 25 years so I was dreading it. Turns out other than that one tooth my teeth are in perfect condition. Survived a root canal and large filling too. New leaf turned and I'm not going to play dental roulette again!

Frouby Thu 18-Jul-19 20:24:55

I am a fat, overweight 41 year old. I hated PE at school. Always had horses and the ponies for the dcs. Haven't rode properly for 20 years.

This month I have been kayaking 5 times I think. And ridden mine and dds BabyPony. We have broken BabyPony in between us, me doing the groundwork and dd the ridden work. But last week I clambered aboard and had a ride around the sand school.

Ds has started kayaking at local watersports club. Was as cheap to do a family membership as 2 junior ones. So a few weeks ago one of the instructors did a few sessions for parents of kayakers. I loved it. Had a few instructed sessions and then went out solo.

Am very proud of myself for pushing it physically and mentally.

isitwhatitis Thu 18-Jul-19 20:25:42

We need photos of the baby guinea pigs or it's not an achievement!! grin

TrueFriendsStabYouInTheFront Thu 18-Jul-19 20:28:59

As requested grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »